PDA

View Full Version : Getting insurance and bus. licence

JODY84
07-28-2007, 12:02 AM
I have called around and several of the smaller landscape businesses here DON'T even have insurance! I think it would be a smart idea for us to get insurance incase of a problem but also as a great selling point, KWIM?

My only question is how much do you pay?

We will start out with a truck/trailer/tractor/mowers/ and other small equipment. So far about 3-4 employees (we are just starting this business)

And once we have a name, how do we go about getting a bus licence, and whats all this gonna cost.

thanks http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
07-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Here is a quote from an older post on this topic.

Quote[/b] ]get commercial auto insurance (it is better and wayyyy cheaper, I pay $100 per month per truck for full coverage and the oldest truck I have is a 2000 f350 dump), also get atleast a 2mil liability, workers comp, and insurance on all your equipment like mowers, trailers, etc. Hopefully you will never have to make a claim, but if you do, you will be glad you have it. Trust me, I know from expierence.

I go through Allied insurance, and I think they go through Nation Wide, which i think might be nationwide (hence the name).

I think I pay around 7 grand a year for 2mil liability, my trucks, workers comp, snow plowing insurance, street sweeping insurance, and all my equipment. It is well worth it IMO.