PDA

View Full Version : Naming question...

Bugboy
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi, new to forum and semi-new to lawn care. *I have been running a pest-control and Christmas light company in Utah for several years with a business partner and this year we are adding a significant amount of yard maintenance services this year. *Great forum and I am glad to have found it recently.

Currently the pest control company is named Bug Boys Pest Control and the Christmas light company is named Holiday Help. *In the past, we have simply done aeration and power rake jobs in the early spring when it was too early for pest control and all the Christmas lights were down. *We frequently get requests from clients though asking if we mow lawns or do yard maintenance but up until now we have only thought about getting into it. *There are a couple of bigger companies here in Utah that combine pest control with the lawn care and the response seems to be good for them.

In particular this spring we are doing quite a bit in the way of mulch jobs and have decided we want to offer lawn mowing, fertilization, etc. *At this point, I need to make some new flyers and marketing material and am really debating what name to be marketing. *Bug Boys or make a new name. *If it's a new name, should I come up with a specific one to yard maintenance or with a more generic "umbrella" like name such as "Home Care Plus"**which would cover all of the services we offer? *People seem to like the name Bug Boys for our pest control company a lot and we get compliments on it often. *The name often sparks conversation and seems to be a good ice breaker on the doors when selling. *

I am interested in thoughts, responses on what to do as far as company name is concerned since we will not be purely pest control now. *I also would be extremely interested in marketing ideas for trying to make the name Bug Boys work, even if that might not be the consensus best way to go. *Any input or thoughts is appreciated**thanks.

Steve
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi Bugboy,

Welcome to our forum.

First off, I have to tell you I LOVE the name Bug Boys. It reaches out and grabs me.

You could do something like this and include Property Maintenance as well as include a mower in your logo to convey you do more than just pest control.

Bugboy
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow, terrific logo in such a short time...thank you very much for the response. I love your idea and I think it covers all the bases very well.

Steve
05-16-2007, 08:36 PM
You are welcome. Do you have any pictures of what your logo and trucks look like now? I'd like to see them.

Steve
05-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Here is an idea for your truck to make it stand out.

Steve
05-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Here is an idea for the rear.

The phone number could be put on the rear window.

Bugboy
05-17-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif I am seriously impressed. *At this time we have a very simple "rising sun" magnet graphic with the name and number on the side of the trucks, as well as on our "polo" shirts (not true polo) for work. *Quite pitiful to be honest in light of what you did with that truck. *To be sure, I am extremely interested in your logo idea and renditions of the truck and would be interested in implementing them into our business. *How does that work really however? *I'm not sure how it works on your forum but would I buy high detail images of the logo or hirer you to create a few variations of it to choose from? *You are welcome to post here or pm or email me the information. *Once again love the ideas. *Any idea as to what a paint job like that would run hehe? *I'll start making some calls to try and price it out.

Steve
05-17-2007, 10:11 PM
I am sure you could get a cheap orange paint job for the truck. Then use some vinyl circles for the lady bug dots or you could paint them. Who ever does your signs could use these graphics from her and just re-create the text. I am glad you like the designs. It's a gift from me to you. Please show me some pictures you take when you are finished with your truck make-over!

Let's see if Tony from AMW-Graphics can assist you further with this.

rudeboy
07-10-2007, 01:01 AM
thats awsome what you did to that truck

JODY84
07-28-2007, 12:18 AM
wow that is awesome, do you use photoshop elements to make those?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
07-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Yes Photoshop.

Once you have a visual, it's easier to run with a concept.