PDA

View Full Version : name of lawn care business

landonkade
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
my lawncare name is J & M Lawn Care with u probaly seen it on the black truck in the forum. What would be a catchy name for the J & M, right now its stands for Jessie & Matt. Like this P & C here in town is Propery Control

Steve
06-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I think it standing for Jessie & Matt is great! Many many contractors have created business names that are a combination of their founders names.

On top of that, when you both meet people and want to help promote your business you can say I am the M in the business name and your wife can say she is the J.

I think it works out well. In fact it is great the founders of the company are a married couple. It's a great selling point. It promotes the feel of a solid and stable business.

landonkade
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 06 2007,10:33)]I think it standing for Jessie & Matt is great! Many many contractors have created business names that are a combination of their founders names.

On top of that, when you both meet people and want to help promote your business you can say I am the M in the business name and your wife can say she is the J.

I think it works out well. In fact it is great the founders of the company are a married couple. It's a great selling point. It promotes the feel of a solid and stable business.
yeah thats what i usually say, when they ask what does the J & M stand for and i say Matt & Jessie. so i think thats telling them to the point that its 2 main owners.

but i have noticed there is a lot of companies with 2 initals in the business name

bogilvie
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
It seems to me that in the case where I live atleast there are many sucessful companys offering services. They often have simple names. Infact a company that does pressure washing and lawm care is BC&D for instance. I see them all over my neigborhood, which I intend to stop...lol

I am a watcher of sorts. In my expereince image is everything, sometimes more so than service. I have seen plenty of people go with a terrrible service provider just because they had the image they associated with.

We were taught in the Air Force from the get go, Image from how we dress, how we present ourselves and how we speak and interact with others is a major part of being a "professional"

I personally chose to go with a name that endear's what my passion is. Flying. I chose "Pilot Turf". My intials are BLO or BO, so that wouldnt work..lol

I would personally stay away from the intial name. You need distinction among a crowded list of others competing for the same sake.

Also take inventory of your target client's.
What image do you oooz when you arrive to a job site? are you dressed like a renegade construction worker that is scary to approach and causes neighbors to lock thier doors? Or are you clean as practacable, uniform in color or atleast proper attire?

I am new myself and these are all things to coinsider. I have worked tree sales recently for a large company that my roomate owns. I have heard customer reactions and stark contrast as to how we operate, opposed to our competition.

Our nearest competitor has a standard "office depot" estimate sheet, often left on the door step or under the door mat, is unreliable in time and has workers that cause the customers to question.

I have used equipment and I dont need an expensive rig to suggest professionalism, just need to coinsider the customers view.

Anyways, get creative since you are a husband and wife team...capitalize on that!

How about Just Merry lawns with your intitals underlined in bold. Talk to a local sign shop with a graphic designer or ask some family or friends...eventually you will find one that is both unique and catchy that fit's!
Good Luck - Brian "Pilot Turf and Tree" http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
06-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Good point Brian.

I think so much of what makes one successful is their interactions and connections with people. You could have a single initial business name and still be wildly successful if you were able to perform a service people needed at a price they were willing to pay.

Think of two of the biggest companies in our country. G.M. and G.E.

I bet a lot of people have no idea what those initials stand for and they don't care. There is a brand built up around it and it works.