PDA

View Full Version : Cold Calling

KimKriel
01-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I have not had to do any cold calling as of yet, but now I will be. So I need some help.

I have the general idea, and know Im supposed to ask the necessary questions and get appointment (all of this quickly). But if some one can give me a general idea so I can make a rundown of questions for a checklist of sorts, I would appreciate it.

tiedeman
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Make sure to check with laws regarding telecommunications. I personally don't know what the new laws are requiring you to do and not to do since people are signed up on the do not call list

skyjack_1
01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
I would be to afraid of all the don't call again remarks. Then they would know who I am. Bad rep. Also tiedmann right. To many stipulations.

KimKriel
01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks to all!! Didnt really want to do that anyway.

We have decided to add a form and pre paid envelope inside letter to business's, they can fill out for summiting bid. That not only takes care of legal but also lets them contact us. What do you think, better?

Steve
01-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi KimKriel,

In just the past recent years, the rules for telemarketing have changed. As far as I know you can still market this way, but you need to get a hold of the do not call list and you can't call the numbers on the list.

Check out more info here https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

I think you will find most of your success by going out and meeting people. Let others know you are in business. Make sure all your friends and family know you are in business and give them plenty of cards so they can pass them along when appropriate.

Join local organizations. The more people who know you and that you are in business, the better your chances of growing.

Any thoughts on what your next plan might be?

KimKriel
01-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Team Gopher,

I am going to register with the do not call list to see what business's are available to contact, then go from there. *Thank you for that info.

We are planning on going out to distribute flyers and meet personally with as many homeowner in prospectful areas as possible.

Also am planning to put ads in papers end of Feb or first of March debending on our weather here (hopefully to get early spring clean ups and people thinking of yards).
*Unfortunatly our home town does not have an business ***. however husband is on village board so we get early notice of people that need work done in our field.

Steve
01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Let us know about your esperience with registering on that site and how it helped.