PDA

View Full Version : Donating services

KimKriel
01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I was thinking of going to local church that has program to help people in need of simple home improvements and offering our service.. I think it could generate customers, if not members maybee people driving by? Has anyone tried this? Any leads gotten by doing this? Husband is unsure, but I think it could atleast put our name out there.

Steve
01-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi KimKriel,

I think it might be something interesting to try. Maybe focus on one home at a time and send out a press release to the paper, or write up a press release and maybe either someone from the church or the homeowner could send it to the paper.

Then maybe get some photos of you working on the property while you are there?

If you do something free like this, I would like to see that you get some free press coverage as well.

Whats your thoughts on that?

KimKriel
01-07-2007, 09:26 AM
After my husband and I talked to a member we decided that they would give us a list , then we could pick the one we felt was most in need. *We would take care of the lawn during season and post a yard sign , and member said they would wirte a article to put in paper.

Steve
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I think that is going to be really interesting. Make sure you take pictures.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

John/Logo-Mechanix
01-10-2007, 10:12 AM
I have actually done some dsign work for non-profits and it has lead to some business opportunities and sometimes you just feel good when you do something for someone else either for a cause you believe in someone you may know. I help out an elderly neighbor who I am friendly with, things like snowblowing his driveway and small projects around his house that he can no longer do.