PDA

View Full Version : icc funds

southernslang
11-14-2006, 11:54 PM
hello all im new here and have a question.
im in south eastl ouisiana and there are alot of componies advertising that the home owner dosnt have to use out of pocket $$$, and that they can use icc funds.what is this and how can i get to them.
is some kind of assistance.

Steve
11-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi Southernslang,

"Owners of homes and businesses who have been declared substantially damaged by their community from flood damages caused by Hurricane Katrina or Rita and who have flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) may be eligible for an additional $30,000 in Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) funds to bring their home or business into compliance with floodplain ordinances. The U.S. Department of Homeland Secsurity’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) administers the NFIP, including the ICC program."

Check out this site here (http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/newsrelated/temproofstbernard.htm)for more info.

Let me know if this helps.

southernslang
11-15-2006, 08:12 AM
oh, ok so once the property owner aplies and aproves they can only use the funds for demo, raising ,water proofing http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif? or completly moving it out of flood zone.
so unless i start a biz doing any of these things im sol with those funds unless its leftovers.thanks for the info.

Steve
11-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Have you ever consider offering such services? Would it be worthwhile to do so?

southernslang
11-15-2006, 10:43 PM
it would be very worth it ,but it cost alot of money to get in to that,i bairly have the proper equipment to run a lawn care biz.

Steve
11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Could you rent what you needed? Then when you bid on a job, ask for a % up front to cover your rental expenses?

Also would you feel comfortable with your skill set to offer such other services?

southernslang
11-16-2006, 08:46 AM
i would get into those buisiness, but there is alot of liability with raising someones home 8-10 feet above its previous level or to move the house completly to another area that dosen't flood.
naw, i really dont feel comfortable with it.

Steve
11-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Are there other services that you could do possibly like junk removal from yards with your truck and trailer?

Are there other one man operations in your area and have you been watching what they do around this time?

southernslang
11-16-2006, 10:56 PM
yea, yard clean up, house gutting, debris removal ,and all.theese are the things people get leary about becouse of all the scammers.but the local news just said that code enforcement is about to crack down on home owners so im expecting a flood of work:)

Steve
11-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Well one of the things I would suggest if you wanted to get into this would be to market yourself as a longtime resident of the area. Promote that side and you might find yourself standing out from the competition.

What are you doing now to advertise and market your company?

southernslang
11-17-2006, 09:47 AM
you must be reading my mind or somthing,beacouse the last post card and biz cards i ordered i have .call a new orleans original then my phone #

southernslang
11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
oh and on the backs theres a sky line of the city

Steve
11-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Can you show us what it looks like?

southernslang
11-17-2006, 10:15 PM
i'll have to see if my buddy can e-mail me a template.

Steve
11-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Oh excellent http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif