PDA

View Full Version : Hedge Trimmer

Andrew's Lawn Care
06-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Im looking at getting a hedge trimmer but I don't know what one to go with so any input would help. Im looking at Shindiawa, Kawasaki, and Stihl.

Let me know what you all think is the way to go.

Little's
06-20-2008, 12:18 PM
I got a husqvarna single sided (much safer). I bought it new off ebay for $175. I have used the heck out of it and never had any trouble with it. It will take down small trees! Super powerful and easy to handle. Hope this helps.

Steve
06-20-2008, 02:45 PM
What is it about a single sided blade that makes it much safer?

Little's
06-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 20 2008,11:45)]What is it about a single sided blade that makes it much safer?
Well, here is 2 pictures to compare. The first is a double sided blade, makes it very easy to brush against your legs, ears, weenie, etc. due to the placement of the handles.
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/graphics/trimmerparts/326hd60x.jpg

This one is a single sided. the placement of the handles and trigger handle, force you to keep the cutting edge always away from you. So you could brush it up against your legs etc. without damage, even with it going full speed.

http://norren.wicms.com/images/image_cache/288_288-AE543BFCA47D7D3CC44E35D4E1840D6B.jpg

musician/lawnman
06-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow man, I stopped calling it my "weenie" after about age 7.
lol
But we get the point.... I'd rather rub that thing against my skull than my "weenie". That would be horrible. I think I would definately charge the customer extra if I was on the job & lopped off my **** (weenie).

Sorry, I just found it funny. Like the words poopy or booger....

UniversityLandscapers
06-20-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't think it really makes a difference between the three...

Not sure about Kawasaki, but both Stihl and Shindaiwa make a good product, I use Stihls myself, just because the dealer is a couple blocks away from my house.

Little's
06-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ June 21 2008,3:40)]Wow man, I stopped calling it my "weenie" after about age 7.
lol
But we get the point.... I'd rather rub that thing against my skull than my "weenie". That would be horrible. I think I would definately charge the customer extra if I was on the job & lopped off my **** (weenie).

Sorry, I just found it funny. Like the words poopy or booger....
I was trying to think of a word that would slip through the sensors. Plus I have 3 kids, so weenie is a regular word around here! haha