PDA

View Full Version : New solid rubber front tires....

musician/lawnman
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Guys I have a 52" ztr (brand is unimportant for the purpose of this discussion) & last we after getting like 3 flats in the front tires within a week (each tire had about 8 plugs in them & it kept getting worse...) it was starting to look like the tires had the chicken pocks. I decided to upgrade to the solid rubber front tires. I did last friday. Man I'll tell ya I anticipated the ride would get a bit firmer but this is ridiculous, My tailbone hurts like #### after only a week of bouncing around on this thing! It rides horrible. Now I guess I'm gonna have to upgrade to that spring cushioned seat too.
ahhh.... another unforseen expense.
Either way, you take it in the butt.

Andrew's Lawn Care
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
sounds like you are running through a construction site trying to dodge nails but hitting them all. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Steve
06-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Have you ever tried using any of the tire sealants out there like slime? Would that help?

musician/lawnman
06-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Nope no construction sites, I think the largest portion of my problem is bougenvillias.... thorny bastards!

Yeah Steve I had green slime in them all it did was spray green goo all over & let me me know exactly where the hole in the tire was.

Steve
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Will you switch back to an air filled tire or no?

musician/lawnman
06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Nope, I wasn't kidding there is a seat upgrade for my mower.... that's then next step. I have to check into pricing.
I was spending too much time repairing & airing up the tires out on my routes, got to be a headache, not to mention everytime a tire went down youd start screwing up somebodys lawn due to the uneven cut.

UniversityLandscapers
06-13-2008, 12:32 AM
That sucks, I got stabbed and cut all over today after removing a small yard full of blackberry bushes today...hate those things. They have this poison that numbs your hands, just like roses.

musician/lawnman
06-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I feel your pain....
No really I took a spike from a pineapple palm just above my right ankle yesterday. *I was trimming 2 of these palms cut several branches down (now laying on the ground) then repositioned to cut off some more & backed into one of the ones laying there I had just cut off! *The spikes on those were about 8" long & skinny like needles. *I bleed like #### all over my pant leg & socks, my leg swelled up for a few hours & it hurt like ####. *I looked like I hand 1 ankle & 1 kankle!
Still kinda tender too.

Here a pick of this type of tree (not the ones I trimmed though, I do a better job than this)

Attachment didn't work,
Here's the url:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meadaura/2043233369/

Steve
06-13-2008, 11:40 PM
I think if the image file is too big, it won't attach. Usually I try to make the image no wider than 600 pixels.