PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Strap downs

tomcat172002
05-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi,

I just started a small grass cutting business. I have a wood base trailer and small push mower and a Zturn Scag. I cannot figure out how to strap them down on the trailer. I tired the ratched tie down but those just come loose. My equipment bounces all over the place. Since I have a very hilly neighborhood I need something. My neighbor suggested industrial bungee straps there fast and can hold alot. Anyone have any suggestions? Espically for my Honda 21 inch mower?

Tom

Andrew's Lawn Care
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
First off glad you have a scag. I own 2 you can see me set up in the show off form. I have 2 solutions for you for the scag. First, I don't know what the people told you that sold it to you about the brake but just put the brake on and forget it. It will move a little but not foward or back just side to side a little this is what I am doing right now. You just have to be care with turning to fast and slaming on the brakes (which you should be going fast with a trialer in the first place).

Secondly, take 2 2x4's and put one in front and the other behind the rear mower tires (screw them down) and engage the brake, shouldn't really move any. I did this on my older trailer when my business was smaller and worked fine.

With the push mower I just use walmart bunie cord and attach it to the angle iron on the trailer. But I don't know how you have your trailer setup. You should be able to just stretch the cord around an adjustment to the angle iron, cord doesn't need to be very tight just snug. You really just need to keep it from rolling back and forth, it will hold it down a little but not a lot. I do this now and I don't have a problem with it.

Hope this all makes since, I know exactly what you are going through I did the same thing for years till I finally figured it out. Good Luck.

comanche
05-31-2008, 12:23 AM
hey,
Try getting tie down eyelets that you can get from your local automotive store. Many different types. You can bolt the eyelets to the floor or the rails then you can use the ratchet tie downs.One in the front and one in the back.

bigpete
05-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Quote[/b] (Andrew's Lawn Care @ May 30 2008,9:48)]First off glad you have a scag. I own 2 you can see me set up in the show off form. I have 2 solutions for you for the scag. First, I don't know what the people told you that sold it to you about the brake but just put the brake on and forget it. It will move a little but not foward or back just side to side a little this is what I am doing right now. You just have to be care with turning to fast and slaming on the brakes (which you should be going fast with a trialer in the first place).

Secondly, take 2 2x4's and put one in front and the other behind the rear mower tires (screw them down) and engage the brake, shouldn't really move any. I did this on my older trailer when my business was smaller and worked fine.

With the push mower I just use walmart bunie cord and attach it to the angle iron on the trailer. But I don't know how you have your trailer setup. You should be able to just stretch the cord around an adjustment to the angle iron, cord doesn't need to be very tight just snug. You really just need to keep it from rolling back and forth, it will hold it down a little but not a lot. I do this now and I don't have a problem with it.

Hope this all makes since, I know exactly what you are going through I did the same thing for years till I finally figured it out. Good Luck.
WOW Andrew!!!! I have been thinking of the 2-4 idea for months now, and I am glad that someone also thinks that it is a good idea!!!! I never installed the 2-4's because the mower does not move on my trailer. Good work being smart like me!!!!!!!!

Andrew's Lawn Care
05-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Quote[/b] (bigpete @ May 31 2008,10:33)]Quote[/b] (Andrew's Lawn Care @ May 30 2008,9:48)]First off glad you have a scag. I own 2 you can see me set up in the show off form. I have 2 solutions for you for the scag. First, I don't know what the people told you that sold it to you about the brake but just put the brake on and forget it. It will move a little but not foward or back just side to side a little this is what I am doing right now. You just have to be care with turning to fast and slaming on the brakes (which you should be going fast with a trialer in the first place).

WOW Andrew!!!! I have been thinking of the 2-4 idea for months now, and I am glad that someone also thinks that it is a good idea!!!! *I never installed the 2-4's because the mower does not move on my *trailer. *Good work being smart like me!!!!!!!!
no problem us smart peoples got stick together and help the others out.lol

bigpete
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
You said it!!!

Steve
06-02-2008, 02:05 AM
I'd like to see some pictures of what you created!

Also, what about prolockers.com?

What does your state require you to do as far as strapping down mowers?