PDA

View Full Version : What is the best side Equipment

tomcat172002
05-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey,

I just recently started up a small grass cutting business. I was looking to invest in some really good side equipment edger, trimmer and blower. Three names that keep comming up are RedMax, Echo and Sthil. I have used RedMax and Echo before them seem good quality equipment. The dealership that sells each one claims that their product is the best. From what I can tell these 3 seem to be pretty much interchangeable. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

musician/lawnman
05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Nope,

All us pros use homelite.

I'm just kidding.... sorry

I personally like the echo gear for most everything.

I do however have 3 hand held blowers...
Echo 2 stroke,
Stihl 2 stroke ,
& a Shindiawa 4 stroke.

The Stihl is my favorite - it's the lightest, has lots of power & it is set up right for a person who is right handed. ( the other 2 suck air from the left hand side, If your right handed when you use it, it's constantly sucking my shirt or pants into the intake. Not that they go in & get torn up but that it slows the machine down & it's annoying as ####.)

The 4 stroke is my 2nd choice - it's the heaviest but has a lot of power too, quieter, better on fuel, & starts the most reliable of the three.

While I like echo for most everything... this blower is a turd. & if I could return it just because it's ,main defect is a blower shouldn't suck this much I would!
Stay away from this:
http://www.echo-usa.com/product....RBLOWER (http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=PB-251&Category=POWERBLOWER)

I got it & it went lean, the shop adjusted it (was new.... I'm not doing it!) It did it again 2 days later (now I adjusted it) next day again.... I brought it back they said it had scratches on the cylinder walls 4 on the intake side & 2 on the exhaust side. They replace it for me & gave me another one. It has been getting lean too (hard to start, wants 10 minutes to warm up before rpm's will come up to a useable level). If it was heavier it would make a nice bright orange boat anchor.

UniversityLandscapers
05-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I just got a new Stihl trimmer, the shop near me only sells Stihl and claims it's the best. I just bought it since it's close by and they service it. Our Stihl chainsaw has been really good too. They give you a two year warranty if you buy some of their Stihl two-stroke oil in the little bottles that mix perfectly with a gallon of fuel, so we did that.

comanche
05-27-2008, 01:28 AM
congrads on the new bizz,

I have a stihl trimmer and i find that it has gobs of power for lawn trimming but when your in the overgrown field the stihl that i have bogs guite a bit. The echo blower(hand held) starts everytime and has the trigger thumb lever that holds the throttle in the position you want. I know how the right hand thing works also. The intake for the blower is constantly sucking at my pant leg. Anoying. I suggest getting a stihl that has all the bells and whistles. It worth it. Then you are not fighting with the tall stuff.