PDA

View Full Version : Small zero turn mower

gmoney55
03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Hey guys. I am new to the site and the business and need some opinions on a small zero turn that i scan get that will fit through smaller gates like going into a backyard. Like i said i am new and greatly appreciate any help you can give me thanks

All Aspects Landscaping
03-26-2008, 07:04 AM
go with an exmark phazer... its a 34" rider. Ive had mine for two years, we use it for close to 200 accounts a week... my guys love it especially when temps get close to 100 degrees

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Persoanl advice check out the hustler turf equipment, they have some great equipment and great warranties.

TnT Outdoor ervices
03-26-2008, 09:21 AM
For "Gate" mowers you can't go wrong with the 32" Wright Stander. I have used all different types of equipment and this is buy far the best one out there. I have never had any thing go wrong with these guys. Just keep the normal maintenance up on them.

ritchiem
03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
The standers are very nice...unless you are very tall like me. I cannot use them for more then an hour before my back starts screaming. But not to knock them, because they are nice to use. Great Dane and Wright standers are my fave of the bunch.

I have never used the exmark phazer but saw it at the trade show looks like a nice machine.

TnT Outdoor ervices
03-26-2008, 12:00 PM
scag came out with the tiger cub. It seems to be built better than the phazer.

musician/lawnman
03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Quote[/b] (TnT Outdoor ervices @ Mar. 26 2008,11:00)]scag came out with the tiger cub. It seems to be built better than the phazer.
Scagg makes decent machines , I fount them to be 300-400 pounds heavier than many comparable machines, Which means more grooves in your customers lawns, sliding down embankments (poor spelling I'm sure), & more weight to tow around. I went with a Yazoo/kees which has been nice though admittedly there are few dealers for these machines.

I was told the Scagg company was owned by a parent company that manufactures structural grade steal & this is why the build the mowers with thicker than normal (or thicker than needed) decks & frames. Good for longevity but real heavy. I did like thathe front edge of their deck (on many models) is slanted out instead of straight down, This would help when mowing a tall lawn. The grass & weeds would have time to stand back up before the blades hit them rather than just being pushed over & thus missed, causing you to have to take another pass to get a nice cut.

Depends on the type of lawns you intend to service mostly. There are a few guys around here that really target the really nice homes with thick floratam lawns & many of them use walker mowers (not push mowers, the brand "Walker") They do a nice manicured cut but I didn't like the controls or the real long back end.