PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Equipment

Cutrite Lawn Care Inc.
03-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey everyone, I got into this and wanted to share it with everyone. Before I get to far just so you all know, I am not a dealer. Just a business owner looking for the best deal. Now for the good stuff. John Deere has a wonderful program that has benefited me greatly. It's called Green Fleet. If you by 3 qualifing mowers or more you get 6% off each mower. Depending on trade ins and what you buy, it is a good deal. I purchased a 60" ZTR, 48" Quik Trac (John Deeres version of a stand up) and a 36" walk behind. I got the walk behind, after the discounts, $1500.00 which is normally about $4500.00. Check it out, I've used JD for a couple of years and I love them. The quality of the mowers is great and the service is better!!

Steve
03-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the info!

What is your view on why you like Deere products over others?

What is your review of the products you bought?

Cutrite Lawn Care Inc.
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey Steve, I'll try not to write a book so here it goes.
The reason I like the Deeres is because the price I feel is better than most. The Dixie Chopper, Hustler, and Exmark dealers were way higher than the Deere. Here was the comparisson I made when I bought my first one.

Dixie Chopper: 50", 23hp Guardian Motor, 100 hrs., $8600.00 This was the Coatsville Classic. I felt the deck adjustment was very cumpersome. It had a short wheel base which elevated the operator station. So it made it top heavy and uncomfortable. I didn't like the blade activation either. No quick way to shut them down if needed to.

Deere: 60", 23hp Kawasawki, brand new, 2 year warranty, $7399.00. Longer wheel based which lowered the center of gravity. Deck adjustment is just push the pedal, set the height and let off the pedal. Electric cluth for the blades. This is the 737 model.

I am trading it in for the 757 model. 25hp 60" deck, along with purchasing the 647, 48" deck 19hp (?), and a 36" walk behind. Deere has other models both larger and smaller. Obviously the prices represent the model. Deeres service has been awesome as well. When I go in to the Dealer they treat me like I bought 3 combines from them.

So, to end this small novel, excellent product, excellent service, excellent deals. I have had a great experience with them. A one time CaseIh fan turned to Deere fan because of this. I just wanted anyone trying to decide on equipment to know they will not be waisting their time looking at Deere. And remember, "Nothing Runs like a Deere"

All Aspects Landscaping
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Glad to hear that works for you, unfortunately, I live in the middle of Xmark world... the closest dixie dealer is 50 miles away, and the only other dealer of any machine besides Xmark is about 25 miles away... in the middle of traffic nightmare. So that takes about 1-1.25 hrs to get there in the middle of the day. Fortunately, my Xmark guy is about 30 seconds from my shop... So thats why I LOVE EXMARK!!! lol