PDA

View Full Version : self propelled walk behind mower??

Larry's Lawns
03-19-2008, 09:36 AM
The lower end 'self propelled' mowers I've gotten in the past just aren't gonna do it for me as I ramp up to full time. The least amount of debris gathered in the drive area henders the performance to the point of not being any assistance. I of course need reliability, good cuts, and it to pull me along without fail. Is this attainable?? What mowers do this? - Thanx in advance for replies, the advice I've gotten here has proven good everytime.

Little's
03-19-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a Snapper from my local saw shop. It is strong and reliable. Also the deck is designed to provide an incredible suction to clean up all the junk in the lawn. They also sell a special blade that will double the suction/ It has a type of wing attached to both ends. They whole set up works great.

Larry's Lawns
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
thanx for the feedback.. bringing up snapper paid off. always been happy with thier products for just personal use, but had let the brand slip from forefront of my memory. did a search and found a local dealer has began selling them. - i had checked with this small shop last year a couple times but they were so swamped. each time the line of people was at least 10 deep and the yard was just amazingly full of equipment. - they've made some changes like doing warranty work on only thier sales, adding a couple brands and mechanics. I talked with the guy about how busy he gets and turnaround times. He couldn't make official promises but will give priority best he can to us who make a living with the equipment, trying for 3 days or less turnaround. ** the snapper mower's drive is above the deck and behind the motor which looks like a much less likely place for debris affect it.

looks like you sparked a good train of thought, much appreciated.

Larry's Lawns
03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
thanx for the feedback.. bringing up snapper paid off. always been happy with thier products for just personal use, but had let the brand slip from forefront of my memory. did a search and found a local dealer has began selling them. - i had checked with this small shop last year a couple times but they were so swamped. each time the line of people was at least 10 deep and the yard was just amazingly full of equipment. - they've made some changes like doing warranty work on only thier sales, adding a couple brands and mechanics. I talked with the guy about how busy he gets and turnaround times. He couldn't make official promises but will give priority best he can to us who make a living with the equipment, trying for 3 days or less turnaround. ** the snapper mower's drive is above the deck and behind the motor which looks like a much less likely place for debris affect it.

looks like you sparked a good train of thought, much appreciated.

TnT Outdoor ervices
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
You can never go wrong with an exmark or scag. They may cost alittle bit more but they are the best. I have owned both.

Larry's Lawns
03-22-2008, 07:38 AM
thanx TNT.. my rookie-ness exposed here.. new brand names to me.. and again a great line of thought sparked. - searches on those showed me a couple more dealers nearby I hadn't found yet. a tractor dealer here in town has the scag equipment available.

i'll have to have some blessings in this ramp-up phase to afford this anytime soon, but now I know there's a local dealer of great equipment. doesn't sound like much, but really a big stepping stone