PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care professional sues maker


Steve
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Yikes! Check those fuel line connections!

<a href="http://www.stclairrecord.com/news/204797-lawn-care-professional-sues-maker-of-commercial-mower-for-burns" target="_blank">
Lawn care professional sues maker of commercial mower for burns</a> - The owner of a commercial lawn care business in Cahokia claims the gas line on his Scag Turf Tiger lawn mower came unattached while in use causing him, the mower and its surroundings to catch on fire.

In a recent personal injury, lawsuit Bradley Veteto, who operates Brad's Lawn Care, claims he was severely burned and sustained injuries to his face, ears, neck, back and arms while cutting the lawn of property located in Cahokia on June 19.

B7 Enterprise
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM
That is bad...but once I was ask to take over a commercial account and after I accepted the account, he went on to tell me that the guy before me ran over a piece of wire and it flew from underneath the mower and went through his heart and killed him.

needless to say, I still look for wire on the ground when I'm mowing.

pmblair
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow Steve.... Where do you find these articles?

I can't much say as I blame you, Jacob. In fact, I would probably have dropped the account after hearing about that. Either that, or milked the owner for as MUCH information about the incident as I could... maybe call the police and see if I could get an incident report.

Steve
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
We actually talked about that accident a little while ago.

These accidents happen more often than we are aware of.

I did a quick search and found another situation.

A 'miracle' for teen impaled in mowing accident. (http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-17483107_ITM) - It was a billion-to-one shot. A piece of metal about the size of a drinking straw flew out from underneath a lawn mower and rammed through Matt Collins' navel. The 18-year-old should have died within minutes after the projectile pierced his pancreas and abdominal aorta. The shard did not go all the way through him but did push the skin on his back about 2 inches out. The freak accident happened Tuesday afternoon when his 20-year-old brother was cutting the lawn at his family's house with a push lawn mower. A doctor told Collins' father that the metal went into the artery but also helped seal off the wound to keep him from bleeding to death.

pmblair
01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Absolutely perfect examples of why a business owner should have insurance!