PDA

View Full Version : Trailers

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Just got back from Minnesota where I found what looks like a trailer I can use. Its a deck over style, 22 ft tandem, and the entire deck powers up and down, rated for 14K GVW. It could accommodate my current and future needs quite well.

Anybody out there using one or know of anybody that does?

One concern is the center of gravity will be higher than the low deck which is between the wheels. I doubt it will matter much, but would like to hear some input. Another is the pitch of the deck in the down position. It appears to be a reasonable angle so loading & unloading equipment should go OK.

pnplawn
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Quote[/b] (S.P.Martin Lawn Care @ Nov. 04 2007,9:07)]Just got back from Minnesota where I found what looks like a trailer I can use. Its a deck over style, 22 ft tandem, and the entire deck powers up and down, rated for 14K GVW. It could accommodate my current and future needs quite well.

Anybody out there using one or know of anybody that does?

One concern is the center of gravity will be higher than the low deck which is between the wheels. I doubt it will matter much, but would like to hear some input. Another is the pitch of the deck in the down position. It appears to be a reasonable angle so loading & unloading equipment should go OK.
Got any photos of this? how much are they asking for it?

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Click on this link, its the same trailer I am looking into getting.

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=T8

The Mfg is PJ Trailers out of Texas. A couple of different dealers in MN were selling them for $4800. PJ has a dealer search to see if there are any dealers near you.

Looking Good Lawn service
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
that trailer is more of an implement trailer rather than a landscape maintainance trailer. You can haul bobcats, lil cats and similar equipment with that trailer. Overkill for lawnmowers and trimmers and stuff. Good trailer tho for the $$ , Eagar beaver trailers are more, thats what my uncles uses.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
11-19-2007, 12:56 AM
I guess I have several uses in mind for it that would justify buying it. I'm at the limit of the 12 ft trailer I have, both for length and weight carrying. Your right, it would be a case of overkill otherwise.

If I go ahead and get a second Ferris w/bagging system this coming spring, I need the length. Those mowers are about 10 feet long overall. Unlike a Walker, I can't fold up the mowing deck to make room. I'll still have deck space for other stuff I need for various jobs.

Also been looking at buying vs renting mid size tractors or excavators and this trailer would work well for that requirement. Ditto for hauling 4 touring motorcycles cross county to club events, pallets of landscape stone to work sites, trees sections to be cut into firewood, and other stuff that is long or heavy. Multitasking...