PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Vac's?

ABurlison
11-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I've never used a leaf vac or yard vac, and was considering getting one but wanted some opinions on what blower/vac is a good one or which brands to stay away from? It seems like if you accidentally suck up a rock it would destroy it, but maybe not, I'm not sure. It would sure make life a little easier if I had one. Its gotta be a gas model for sure. Any ideas or suggestions for me?

Thanks

Little's
11-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Check out the Billy Goat
http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=20

ABurlison
11-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Do you have any idea of how much those lawn vacuums are? I'm sure those are more expensive than I would spend at this time, but those bill goats are way cool! I was simply looking for an inexpensive hand held leaf vac.

Little's
11-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I think they run $600 up to $1200 depending on the bells and whistles.
If your looking for something cheaper, Echo makes a great blower/Vac (handheld) and I think Husqvarna also and maybe even Stihl.

ABurlison
11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
I'd sure love to get one of those billy goats, boy would they make a job quick and easy and I'm sure pay for itself in time saved. I do have a dealer here in my town, I'm gonna swing by and see if they have one I can check out. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi Andy,

I have been bringing this up in other posts, but if you could work out a price cut with your dealer if you could do a video test of the product and then we could put it on our GopherHaul show, maybe they would be willing to work with you on that?

Little's
11-08-2007, 08:29 PM
The Billy Goats do look nice. I have checked them out at my local dealer. Let me know if you get one.

FourSeasons
11-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I have a stihl vac shredder and I wouldn't recommend it. Its a waste of time for me. Its alot faster to just blow the leaves in a pile and pick them up. But if you have the time to go slow and pick it all up i've sucked up some lava rock a few times and it didn't damage it.

ABurlison
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I guess in all reality there just aren't any good hand held Leaf Vac's. The concept is great, but to find one affordable like in a hand held version, just is non existent. Stihl is a good brand, I would say, and if they are no good than who is?

ANDY

Little's
11-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I am sure the motor and working components are top of the line like all Stihl products, but I guess the nature of the hand held vac just isnt that great. I have never used one, but would compare it to trying to get horse power out of a little car. Just doesnt work.

Looking Good Lawn service
11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
the billygoat truck loader is about 3K, and the lesco truck loader is a little less, like 2600. I use both, good machines, same engines. 16horse vanguard engine

FourSeasons
11-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I drove past a guy using a shop vac to suc up leaves out of his beds on Friday. Looked like it was working better than a shred vac ever works. lol

Steve
11-18-2007, 04:46 PM
You know, I was thinking about that the other day too. You could even suck up rocks and it wouldn't cause any problems to the vacuum.

ABurlison
11-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I guess if I can't afford a Billy Goat, I'll just blow them up into a pile and pick them up by hand. LOL