PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Mowers 3100Z 61"

jax_kyle
10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm in the North Florida area and Ferris seems to be a new name in the South from what I hear. I am somewhat new to the game so trying to decide between a Ferris and an Exmark. I have dealers equally close, so both can be worked on. Wondered if anyone else out there had experience with the two and any pro/con type advice. Was looking at the Ferris 3100Z 61 inch deck.

Thanks,

pnplawn
10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
hustler is the way to go. This year they came out with rear discharge for mowing arounf flower beds.

Hustler (http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/Web-content/Index.html)

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
10-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a 3100Z w/61 inch deck and water cooled Kawasaki power. I'm sticking with Ferris as I'm very happy with it.

I tried out several different makes and settled on the Ferris because of the quality of the ride. Doesn't beat you up thanks to the suspension. It was a bit pricey but worth it to me.

The only thing that has gone wrong with it was the hour meter which I swapped out under warranty.

Its also a bit heavy so you have to pay attention turning it around, especialy in damp to wet soil conditions as it will tear up the lawn. But I suppose that applies to just about all the z-turn mowers out there.

They are built like a tank. The general manager at the dealship where I bought it was telling me about a customer who also has a 3100Z that accidently drove it over an 8 ft seawall on the NH coastline (wet grass+slope). Tow truck lifted it back onto the yard, checked over the fluids and so forth, and proceeded to keep right on mowing. No damage except for some scrapes on the ROPS.

When you get into this price range, they are all good products. Try 'em and see what works best for you.

jax_kyle
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the post so far guys. I appreciate it. I think I am going to go with the Ferris. The dealer is less than a mile from me and he works on all the gear there.