PDA

View Full Version : Scag 48" Tiger Cub

aggielandscaper
10-18-2007, 08:00 AM
I have a 48" Scag tiger cub with Kawasaki engine that just had one of the lifters and gaskets replaced three weeks ago. Same problem started happening yesterday. Took it in and they say need a new motor. Mower only has 380 hours on the mower. It should be under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem. The mower is not liquid cooled.

pmblair
10-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for that information. My partner and I have been talking about Scags lately... I'll be sure to avoid the Tiger Cub and check out the others for the same type problems as well.

BladeRunnerLC04
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I recently had the same problem with my Tiger Cub. Basically had to tear apart the entire top of the motor to replace a gasket. Fortunately for me that fixed the problem and hadn't had a problem since. Unless you have very big properties i would stay away from the riding mowers in general. I have found out that the walk behind mowers do a much better job cutting and pick up leaves alot better than the riding mowers.

Fresh Cut
11-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I have found out that the walk behind mowers do a much better job cutting and pick up leaves alot better than the riding mowers.

How so?

I have a 36" Exmark Turf Tracer HP and I just put a block-off plate over the discharge chute, haven't tried it yet because of 2 days of continuous rain here in Atlanta. I'm curious as to why you say the walk-behinds do a better job than the zero turns with cutting and leaves.

SuperiorPower
11-22-2009, 10:51 PM
How so?

I'm curious as to why you say the walk-behinds do a better job than the zero turns with cutting and leaves.

I was wondering the same thing.