PDA

View Full Version : Season not over

tiedeman
04-01-2007, 10:18 PM
By looking ahead in the weather, it looks like winter is still not over yet. Might get some snow later this week, and perhaps next week as well. So much that for that warm 70 degree weather we were having this past week

Billz
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, my snow contracts ended april 1...is anyone planning on plowing if we get a few inches?

tiedeman
04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
That is why all of my snow contracts run until May 31st. That may sound stupid, but we have received snow here in the middle of May before.

I will hopefully be out if we get some snow. I have been fighting off the flu for the last couple of days

Billz
04-05-2007, 02:32 AM
my contracts end april 1... I would have to tell my seasonal customers that they would need to pay me for every plow now, especially after the long winter, with double the average pushes this year!

tiedeman
04-05-2007, 10:18 AM
The reason that I like it to snow in April is because all of the flat rate customers now are charged a per push charge now. The flat monthly rate plan is from December through March. Anything that falls outside that flat monthly rate, for example November or April, then they are charged a per push.

Billz
04-05-2007, 04:41 PM
I am very glad the snow didnt really accumulate. I bet we got 6 inches of snow at least, but since the ground was so warm, only an inch or so stayed in the grass, and less on the roads/driveways.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Got bombed with 12 plus inches overnight. Took lots of trees down, power out over all around us. Had to lend out my generator.

Looks like another spring clean up to the same yards once it all melts...

Billz
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
ugh, I would have to cry...I have almost all my spring cleanups done, and am taking the rest of the week off. Working in the blowing snow just makes me do shoddy work. I told everyone that is left that I will be there next week, after the snow melts.lol

tiedeman
04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
WOW! I am glad that we are only getting some light stuff that just blows away, like only 3/4 of an inch. Supposed to get around 2 inches tonight and 2 inches tomorrow though

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
04-07-2007, 07:30 AM
As of this morning there are still about 2000 w/o power in southern Maine. Got my generator back late last ight. That snow was real heavy and snapped trees and limbs like nothing. Sounded like a war zone. Not nearly as bad as the ice storm in 1998 when about 80% of all customers in the state lost power.

tiedeman
04-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I went out this morning and took care of two commercial accounts, only about an inch of snow fell.