PDA

View Full Version : Too Many People?

tiedeman
01-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Those that do snow removal are there too many companies out there right now providing snow?

Are they fly by night companies, excavating companies, and construction companies?

How are their prices compared to yours?

What do you do about these other companies?

Steve
01-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Isn't it amazing that towns haven't forced snowplowing companies to get licenses as well? They seem to be licensing everything else!

tiedeman
01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
I have always been a big supporter of business license stickers. The only problem is that out of town service companies may not know any better about the stickers or it could force other companies to not want to do business in the city.

My idea: I am in support of a windsheild displayed business sticker. All business vehicles must pay a $10.00 annual fee for the sticker for each vehicle. If they are caught in the city without the sticker they are given a warning, and the proper paperwork to get a sticker. If a second offense happens, then they are fined $50.00 for each time caught. I think businesses would be more than happy to pay the $10.00 sticker than a $50.00 fine. The money generated through the stickers would be income for the city and it makes things better for the legit businesses because they know that other legal businesses can only obtain a sticker through proper documents (DBA).

This can also cut down on fraud from illegal businesses. The consumer can also call the city to check up on the business to make sure that they are legit and in good legal standing.

Steve
01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Or maybe it could even be state run? Can you imagine if you had to get a sticker from every town you worked in and if there were a lot of them you could have tons of stickers!

tiedeman
01-27-2007, 10:32 AM
That is true. A state or even county run license would be better