PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of it

tiedeman
11-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow! I can not believe the number of customers that I have picked up for snow removal in the last week. I usually don't take on that many customers, but these people are either right next door or a couple houses down the street from my current customers.

They either want it done because they are getting too old for it, or they want a company that will use strictly a snow thrower, not a plow. They are getting tired of their lawns ripped up and then nobody comes back to fix them in the spring time.

Perhaps this is a sign that I should keep on sticking with it

Steve
11-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I think that is great news!

Also if that is what they are looking for, maybe you should market to even more of them that you don't use a plow, but instead you use a snow thrower?

tiedeman
11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I picked up another customer today. This is crazy! The way that this is going I am going to have more snow removal customers than lawn maintenance

Billz
11-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I hate snow plowing. I do it though to keep the truck payments made and my paychecks coming in...never have I seen a more thankless job in my life.

tiedeman
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
I totally agree. I hate doing snow removal, but I need to pay the bills. Now see I have seen it the other way around. People are more thankless for lawn maintenance compared to snow removal when there is like 10 inches on the ground

Billz
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
well, with lawn care it is simple. I explain to them which day i will be there...most seem to understand that ok. Last year I had a guy cancel service because it stopped snowing at 5:30 am...we had almost 3 inches of snow....he was furious and shoveled his own driveway because I didn't have him plowed by 6:45. Every year I lose lawn customers for reasons like this, I almost wish I could sub contract this out, but then reliability and damages would be the issues. Don't get me wrong, I will make good money plowing, but feel like I am letting my customers down and worrying every time it snows is hard on me.

tiedeman
11-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I do agree that snow removal customers are the worst when it comes to waiting. If you are not there by a certain time they blow up big time

KSlandscaper
12-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Nov. 20 2006,9:42)]I picked up another customer today. *This is crazy! *The way that this is going I am going to have more snow removal customers than lawn maintenance
Perhaps you can service their lawns come next spring? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

tiedeman
12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
some of them I will service while others I won't. See, a local lco and myself have a mutual understanding that we don't step on each others toes. She sends me fertilization and snow removal accounts, while I send her lawn maintenance accounts. Sometimes she sends me lawn maintenance accounts as well. We have a good relationship