PDA

View Full Version : landscaping software Needed asap

onthegreen
02-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I need a simple software that i can use to sho my customers ...I have a landscaping pro software but #### its like drafting or something!!! I just want to take a pic of my customers house then up load and drag and drop plants into place . something with mulch and stuff would be nice .......anyone have something like this thats eazy ...maybe free or cheap.......if you know a web site plase help

onthegreen
02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
no one http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif Has anyone ever tried showoff landscape design. I cant get it to work .Iv used it before but its cheezy

Little's
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I have seen one for sale at Costco. I am sure you could order it online through their site if you don't have a store nearby.

Steve
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Quote[/b] ]I cant get it to work .Iv used it before but its cheezy

I know what you mean. I think in the past we were talking about this on here and one of the members actually was using photoshop to do this. Could something like this help you?

clarklandscaping
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately the problem that you are going to have is that any professional landscaping software you are going to find is based on some sort of CAD program and this is why its so difficult to use but is also why it gives you such flexibility. You must understand that the persons using this software either have been trained or have gone to college and are schooled in this area.
The "cheesy" software you get for free or almost free is just that.. Cheesy!

So my suggestion is to either learn how to use the software that you have, after all you did pay 100.00 for it, or hire someone to make your plans for you.

I am just getting in to landscape design and have purchased this http://www.prolandscape.com and is quite amazing!

Steve
02-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Shane, have you ever thought about offering your design services? You could promote it right here and I bet a lot of people on here could us it!

onthegreen
02-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah i got the demo landscaping pro ...So how hard is it i no it looks like its off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
02-29-2008, 03:31 PM
John let us know how it works out for you. I'd like to see some of the designs you come up with!

JMM0254
03-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I use software from Punch Software. They also have an online traing course on using the software, a special now for the training of 27.00 for a year.

The version I use is Master Landscape. I think you can get it at many computer or retail stores. Think it was 70.00.

You can take a picture and insert whatever you want. Takes a little getting used to, but I researched for a long time to find something that didn't require 8 years of formal training to understand.

www.punchsoftware.com

onthegreen
03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah i got the master landscping from punch. It wont let you place plants in the floer beds in the picture you upload ....if you can get it to do that then tell me how because when i called ther office they told me it can do that. I think ill stick to hand drawing

clarklandscaping
03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Quote[/b] (onthegreen @ Feb. 27 2008,7:59)]Yeah i got the demo landscaping pro ...So how hard is it i no it looks like its off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!
It will take you some time to figure out but its well worth the investment. I taught myself the software by creating dozens of different drawings.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Pro landscape software is no easy tool but if you can get it, It will sell the job for you. We have the software in all 4 laptops and it works. Take all the training you can get from pro if they still offer any when we got ours we payed someone to come out and help us it was alot of money but it was worth it.
The software has payed for itself. But remember please if you use any software to include it in your price cost recovery.

patphish123
05-01-2008, 06:14 PM
i use pro landscape i find it easy to use and on a normal job it takes me 20 mins or so to do a design using a pic i've taken. When you get into 2d planning then it take a little longer. Customers love it when i can show them before its done it really helps sales.

Steve
05-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Pat,

Can you show us some of the designs you created?