PDA

View Full Version : Guarantee installs?

Steve
01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
How many of you offer a money back guarantee on anything you plant? How long does your offer last for?

Here is one guarentee (http://www.prairienursery.com/pn_info/about_us.htm) I found:
We guarantee our plants to arrive alive and healthy and to thrive when planted in the appropriate growing conditions and given proper care. If a plant fails within 30 days of receipt, we can ship you a one-time replacement plant (if available) or send you a refund. This guarantee does not cover loss due to neglect, animals, winter losses, severe weather, or for plants installed in soil or sun conditions other than those recommended in our catalog and on our website. Due to the vagaries of winter weather, we cannot guarantee survival of fall planted transplants.

tiedeman
01-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I used to offer clients two options: 1): there is no warranty to the plants, 2): or you can pay a small fee with the installation fee and I will personally check up on the plants periodically during the season. And if any of them fail, I will replace them for free of charge. The fee was usually around $200. Which is not a lot for the customer to pay to make sure that none of the plants fail the first year

Steve
01-19-2007, 12:10 AM
What type of response did you get to that offer?

tiedeman
01-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, I only got to try it out for a year because I stopped doing installs. It had a pretty good response from it though