PDA

View Full Version : Retaining wall installation

Steve
11-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Here is a retaining wall installation. It's kind of similar to what Anthony was doing with his landscaper show except the lcos in the show don't do any narration.

What's your view?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbftn00-5RU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbftn00-5RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

John/Logo-Mechanix
12-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I installed a retaing wall around a brick paver patio I put in, due to the contour of my yard the patio is sunken into the landscape and required a retaining wall, I kind of enjoyed doing it.

Steve
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Do you have any pictures of it?

MJK
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
There is a lot faster way to do retaining walls then they are.

Steve
12-12-2006, 03:09 PM
What did you find they were doing which slowed them down?

John/Logo-Mechanix
12-14-2006, 08:40 AM
I will try to get a picture up this weekend.

MJK
12-14-2006, 09:18 PM
1. I would never use a hand tamper on a retaining wall. Always use a power tamper.
2. Add dusting of Slag or Sand, much easier to level brick on instead of crushed concrete.
3. Use the Stone Screed. We use it and jobs are done in, no joke, half the time.

John/Logo-Mechanix
12-15-2006, 10:38 AM
^^definitely, I not only used a power tamper for the wall and the patio but rented a small front end loader to get the materials to my backyard since there was no way for the delivery truck to fit back there. The only thing I did that I regretted was cutting the block that had to be cut with a hammer and chisel, I should have rented a cutter as well.

UnitedEnvironment.com
01-08-2007, 02:01 AM
base was not wide enough, those cuts with the cutoff saw kept me waiting for someone to lose a foot, he was using an actual hammer on the blocks, not a mallet, but a hammer, i couldnt believe those blocks did not snap in half, and finally, that spacer block they put in the middle. You never throw a piece in that small.

be patient, as soon as we slow down on our film project, the landscaper will be back, we actually have a new host lined up already.

Steve
01-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I have been waiting to hear updates from you and your projects. Glad to hear you will be back with the Landscaper.