PDA

View Full Version : cool

New2thebiz
06-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Its always a gamble going into debt when starting a business, but from what I can tell you have been pretty successful so far.

What type of advertising did you use?

Also did you buy your mowers off of craigslist?
I bought mine from there and purchased a 2500 dollar lawnmower 2 years old (have had zero problems) for 1000 dollars, and also a trailer for 400, leaf blowers and trimmers for 250. This is what kept me out of debt and making money right away.

UniversityLandscapers
06-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Speaking of craiglslist, advertise there. It's great. Make yourself a pro looking ad and you'll get lots of business. Look around for the other forum topics on Craigslists ads. Also, get a website. We have our set up with Google adwords, so we get hits off Google. Before I started advertising on Craigslist, 100% of our business came from Google and referrals.

I recently made some flyers, but I haven't had time to distribute any since I've been so busy.

New2thebiz
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow I clicked reply and for some reason it made a new thread, this is a reply to the thread right below us.

New2thebiz
06-06-2008, 08:15 PM
so did you cut grass across the city or were u able to use google adds to get lawns locally? So far I've picked up 2 craigslist customers and I was wandering do you place your add in the farm and garden section or in the skilled trade section or both? What worked best for you, and how many customers did you pick up over google and craigslist?

UniversityLandscapers
06-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm sitting at about 36 right now, and about 8 or 10 of those are from last year. I just set it up so anyone searching for "Vancouver" and lawn mowing or whatever get us. It's not a huge city so I service a couple of the suburbs as well. With Craigslist I advertise in the "household services" section, but when you search it searches all services so it's not a big deal I don't think.