PDA

View Full Version : A letter of inspiration

Steve
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I wanted to say thanks to my friend Tom for sending me this and I wanted to share it with you all to hopefully inspire you as well.

Quote[/b] ]Hi my name is Tom. I am 37 years old and I worked in several different areas from Logistics to being a Paramedic, I
have been through a few jobs in past few years. With lay offs and companys going out of business its been hard for me to stay with a company for any length of time.
One night I was on YouTube and saw one of your videos and I decided to try lawn cutting myself. I did a little advertising. I didn't have any money to invest so I went into debt to start the company. Right now I have 13 accounts and I am continuning to grow. I should be able to break even by the end of this season and hopefully grow even more next season. I just want to
say thanks for inspiring me to start this; your website is awesome. I have posted several questions on it. Attached are a couple of pics of my truck and equipment. I truely love my job and my customers are great to work for. I know I am a little bit older just getting into this but I believe that your never to old to start.

Tom can you share with us a little insight as what it was that finally made you decide to start your own business? What kind of support did you get from your family and friends?

Also can you tell us why you went into debt to start your business? What did you need and would you do anything differently if you were to start over again?