PDA

View Full Version : Hello

EatingEmoKids
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Hello, my name is Matt and I am 17 years old. I decided to try and start lawn care services for the first time cause I wanted a summer job and dont want to work at mcdonalds like the rest of my friends haha.. So far I have had 1 job and have another one waiting for a contract... It seems pretty fun and I have already made some decent money.. I charge $10 per hour but I dont know if thats a good price or not?

I also like to build websites, and I hope for that to be my full time job soon :-)

I enjoy playing sports like soccer and basketball and also like to skateboard and play guitar http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

this forum seems like a really great place so hopefully I'll learn some new stuff!

Steve
05-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to our forum.

If you want to promote your web design, put some kind of promotion in your forum signature and how to contact you.

What kind of things will you be doing to market your lawn care business this spring?

EatingEmoKids
05-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks, I'll be sure to put some thing in my signature.

so far I have only handed out a few flyers.. I still have another 50 flyers so I think I will hit up some houses on the other streets near by.

so far I have only left flyers with people I have talked to, I ring the door bell and if the answer I talk to them and hand them a flyer before I leave. Is this a good way to go about doing things?

Steve
05-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Well,

I would say get business cards and hand them out to everyone you know and have your parents do that too if they can.

Also have you been on craigslist.com yet to promote your services?

Your rates are really cheap right now too and you will probably have to raise them as you gain more experience.

Are you using your myspace site to promote your services too?

Think about social networking and how you can reach out to more people you know and have them tell people too.

What have you found to be your toughest obstacle so far?