PDA

View Full Version : ProCut Turf Management

ProCut TM
03-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site, I found the Gopher Haul videos while google searching for other lawn care websites. My name is John; I own and operate ProCut Turf Management here in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida. I started the company in Wrightstown, NJ in 1996 and ran it successfully for 4 seasons. When I moved to FL permanently in 2000 I got out of the business for a while but in 2001 I opened Gator Grounds Keeping with a friend of mine in New Port Richey, FL. When he moved back to Detroit I again got out of the business. After working for other companies for a few years, I started ProCut back up in the spring of 2007. I have grown the company from zero to 28 accounts since then and am happy to say things are going well. I am currently driving very hard to build the company even more. This site has really given me some great ideas and I am glad you're all here to help. I hope I can return the favor to everyone who contributes to this board.

Thanks so much,

John
owner
www.procutturfmanagement.com

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Welcome aboard

If there is anything feel free to ask.

Steve
03-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for joining us here on the forum!

I was just so amazed with your truck and trailer. It looked like a race team!

Can you tell us a little bit about your rig setup? What got you interested in having such a nice setup? Were you ever interested in racing?

ProCut TM
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow I just search out all my old posts, and figured I would resurrect this one since I just came back to the site. ProCut Turf Management is doing very well, I am at about 70 accounts now and still growing. I have been using some part time help over the past few season, and this season I plan on hiring my first full time employee. After I get and employee in place I plan on supercharging my marketing campaign. I just purchased a second domain name theprocut.com and have been working online quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Best of luck for everyone in the 2010 season.

John

Steve
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
That is fantastic!

What is your view on the best way to scale up like that from part time help to full time help?

ProCut TM
02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Well for me I have a full week that I can handle myself in about 40-50 hours if I don't get any foul weather. An employee can knock that down to 20-30 hours, so this opens the door to accept more accounts, and more side work. I feel an important key to growing successfully is, slow over time; you don't want to scale up to quickly. I've seen a lot of people fail from going too big too soon. I also target wealthier clients who are less likely to cancel in a down economy. For now I am staying very active in the mowing process. Customer satisfaction is another key to success, and if you're not there you are less able to make sure things are being done to your standards. Customer satisfaction gets you repeat and referral business which is also key for growth.

I know you know all of this Steve, but it never hurts to get it out there for others to see.

Steve
02-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Well for me I have a full week that I can handle myself in about 40-50 hours if I don't get any foul weather. An employee can knock that down to 20-30 hours, so this opens the door to accept more accounts, and more side work.

When you have your part time employee how do you schedule them to work with you?

4 hours a day? Or something different?

ProCut TM
02-16-2010, 08:26 AM
When you have your part time employee how do you schedule them to work with you?

4 hours a day? Or something different?

I have them work from 7 or 8am depending on the day, until we finish could be 11am - 4pm when we finsh depending on the day.

my Wed. route is 7a-5p by myself in the summer but with a helper I'm done by 1 at the latest. it is one big neighborhood I park the truck once and go to work.

the rest of the week I have a typical lawn route that takes me all over.

JL ProCut
12-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm back online, how is everyone doing?

arthur712
12-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Welcome aboard