PDA

View Full Version : New member wanting to say hello

gmoney55
03-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Hello, my name is gerald and i am new to the site. I live in Slidell, Louisiana right outside of new orleans. I have been cutting a few lawns for several years nothing major just for some elderly neighbors. My wife is pregnant with our first child and had to stop working in her 6th month of pregnancy. I work a full time job but mostly at nights. I had to decide to do something else to bring in some more money so I decided to go into the business full steam. I am still going to keep my job but will do the lawn care full time during the day time. I love doing this kind of work because i love being in the outdoors. Right now i am getting everything setup as far as business license and insurance and things like that. I really did get a lot of information from reading this site and i just want to say thanks for all the helpful insight i have gained from just reading on here.

justin_time
03-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi Gerald

Welcome http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif to the forum.

Hope you enjoy your stay on the forum.. don't be shy to ask questions.. there's no such thing as a dumb question

gmoney55
03-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks i definitely will be asking many questions and seeking advice on different things

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Welcome aboard a great site. If there is anything ask.

Steve
03-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Gerald,

Welcome to our forum! What types of things are you planning on doing this season to attract customers?

ritchiem
03-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the forum Gerald,

How many clients can you see yourself maintaining by the end of the season? If you were successful at this would you leave you other job?

gmoney55
03-26-2008, 11:30 PM
most of my customers will be by word of mouth. I will try to do some advertising like flyers or door hangers etc. i hope to have at least 25-30 customers by the end of this season. i definitely would leave any other job i have to do this full time. i just love the work and love being outdoors

Steve
03-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Gerald you can do it! Keep talking to people about your business and hand them business cards. The more people that know you are in business, the better.