PDA

View Full Version : New Business

Ric
03-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I have alot of lawn care experience so I decided to start my own company with my son. I have a small pick up, I have a Toro and a Crastman self proppelled gas mower, a ECHO straight shaft gas weed eater , a small electric black and decker hand held blower, a electric trimmer and a black and decker electric eadger. I plan to do residential work. I would love some suggestions and tips to get my bussines of the ground. My company will be called Absolute Landscaping.

bigpete
03-26-2008, 05:30 PM
If you could get a GAS blower/edger that would be great. If they are battery powered that is ok. It is a little inconvenient to have to find a outlet at a customers house.

Good luck, you will do fine!

Steve
03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Ric,

Welcome to our forum! I'd say first thing is to get some business cards out and let the world know you are now in business. Tell everyone you know!

Will you be doing this fulltime to start or parttime?

hotwired
03-27-2008, 05:05 AM
Welcome!
Also, figure out what sort of company you want to be and who you want to service (rich retired people, fixed income seniors, demanding upper middle class, etc.) and make sure you're CLEAR on that identity then just go get some work to get the ball running and the juices flowing. You may have to compromise your "ideal client" the first year as you get some bread and butter work, but don't lose sight of who you want to be. Good luck and ask lots of questions.

Steve
03-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Ken,

I read your book, great book, and I saw that you were talking about that in your book. When you reflect back on all your growth, can you remember when you first were able to actually figure out which customer type you wanted?

How long should a lawn care business be in operation before they do this? Or is this something they can do as a start up?

What's the best way to formulate the customer type they should shoot too attract?