PDA

View Full Version : New website

Apple Lawns
03-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey guys let me know what you think of the new nav bar and .gif animation on my website. I know that none of the links work and that there are watermarks on the images. But im no where near done.

LGYardService
03-22-2008, 08:27 PM
I like how it looks but it wont let me click on anything. All i see is the home page. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Maybe its just my computer idk

Apple Lawns
03-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Yea I know, i dont have them linked yet. Im working on it

ritchiem
03-22-2008, 09:13 PM
ahhh....love the new nav and the background image is killer.

LGYardService
03-22-2008, 09:14 PM
haha ok

at first i was gonna say GREAT JOB after i looked at the site but then i noticed i typed it in wrong. LOL

www.applelawn.com not www.applelawnS.com

but anyways keep up the good work! could you tell us a little more about your business? Do you have any current customers? What kind of marketing are you doing? How bout equipment, what all do you have? We'd all love to hear about your business specially since your aga young age like me! goob job! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Luke

Apple Lawns
03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Quote[/b] (LGYardService @ Mar. 22 2008,9:14)]haha ok

at first i was gonna say GREAT JOB after i looked at the site but then i noticed i typed it in wrong. LOL

www.applelawn.com not www.applelawnS.com

but anyways keep up the good work! could you tell us a little more about your business? Do you have any current customers? What kind of marketing are you doing? How bout equipment, what all do you have? We'd all love to hear about your business specially since your aga young age like me! goob job! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Luke
Haha yea I know, i saw applelawn in google after I registered applelawnS and I though I might loose business, but hopefully not.

I decided to start the business when I couldn't find a job that I wanted to do over the summer. I didnt like being an umpire, and caddy at a golf course was just not for me. I called the grocery stores and you have to be 16. So i said "well ill just cut grass and get a real job next year" But now that im making a website and doing marketing and stuff I really like it. And i wouldnt get to do that at a regular job. I'm just starting for the first time and I got my first customer the other day. Her husband has a back problem or something like that so I new that I would have a for sure sale. And sure enough, I told her what I was doing, gave her my business card, and she was so impressed that I had actual business cards, that she signed a contract right there. So as of now I only have 1 customer, but I'm working on some designs for flyers right now, and hope to have them out by next week. And if I can't get the flyers to bring in some business, I'm gonna be heading door to door. My equipment. hmmmm. dont know if it deserves the name equipment. lol. But I have a toro push mower (self propelled) a gas weed eater, an edger, a leaf blower, and a snow blower. There all new except the snow blower, and are in good working condition.

Keep checking the website and let me know what you think because I'm gonna be up dating it constantly

justin_time
03-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Loose the background..... you got alot of work to do

Apple Lawns
03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Mar. 22 2008,9:43)]Loose the background..... you got alot of work to do
What don't you like about the background. Should I put a different background there or just leave it blank?

ritchiem
03-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Mar. 22 2008,9:43)]Loose the background..... you got alot of work to do
ya why lose the background?

justin_time
03-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Quote[/b] (Apple Lawns @ Mar. 22 2008,9:47)]Quote[/b] (justin_time @ Mar. 22 2008,9:43)]Loose the background..... you got alot of work to do
What don't you like about the background. Should I put a different background there or just leave it blank?
I don't know.. for some reason the background was bright green and now it's a picture...

Did ya take a look at my site ?

From being a webmaster, I was told that you pick 3 colors and you stick with them

LGYardService
03-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Rob,

I am really happy talking to someone my age about the business. Your website is great and i cant wait to see what else you come up with! How did you learn about designing websites? I am in all the computer and website design classes possible at school and i still dont know has much as you. Great job!

do you have Skype yet? I would love to chat with you personally and get to know you better! what about a messenger? Yahoo or AOL? Thought i'd just ask since i am used to being the only one at a young age and I'm really wanting to chat. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Luke

Apple Lawns
03-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Quote[/b] (LGYardService @ Mar. 22 2008,11:45)]Rob,

I am really happy talking to someone my age about the business. Your website is great and i cant wait to see what else you come up with! How did you learn about designing websites? I am in all the computer and website design classes possible at school and i still dont know has much as you. Great job!

do you have Skype yet? I would love to chat with you personally and get to know you better! what about a messenger? Yahoo or AOL? Thought i'd just ask since i am used to being the only one at a young age and I'm really wanting to chat. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Luke
Hey luke,

Same here, I love this whole forum and website, and especially having someone my age to talk to about ideas and stuff. The first time I designed a website was in 8th grade and it was just stuff I learned from a book about basic HTML. Ever since then I just keep learning code and different languages. If you ever need some help or want we to make you a website I'd be more than happy to. (I'm in all the programming and graphic design classes at my school to)

I have aol. My SN is roberto7456

PS: I added some stuff to the bottom of my website about how we help the environment and stuff. Check it out if you get time.

UniversityLandscapers
03-23-2008, 02:19 AM
I liked the new nav bar and the boxes at the bottom.

Just noticed the watermarks on the images and the old nav bar is still on the rest of the pages. Also, on the contact section, it's probably worthwhile just to stick to one e-mail address. It's not worth it to make your company look bigger than it is, since being a small company is an advantage to a lot of customers to begin with.

Steve
03-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Hi Rob,

I am very impressed with you. Great job! I think your website is really coming along.

You know what would be really interesting, if you put together a little something about you and your business, basically the stuff you already talked about on here and send it to your local newspaper. Include your picture too. I would think there would be a great chance you could get mentioned in local paper as an inspiration to other teens to consider starting their own business.

How have you felt personally since you started this? Do you feel more empowered? Can you see yourself doing more and more businesses as you grow? Or can you see yourself growing your current business more and more?

How does it compare to working for someone else?

Apple Lawns
03-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ Mar. 23 2008,2:19)]I liked the new nav bar and the boxes at the bottom.

Just noticed the watermarks on the images and the old nav bar is still on the rest of the pages. Also, on the contact section, it's probably worthwhile just to stick to one e-mail address. It's not worth it to make your company look bigger than it is, since being a small company is an advantage to a lot of customers to begin with.
Thanks. Yea i know there are watermarks there I just want to see what they look like on the site before I buy them and then the watermarks will go away. Yea someone else said that about the email thing and I'll fix that today. I'm still working on it and I'll try to get the new navbar on the other pages.

Steve
03-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Rob,

Is anyone in your family an entrepreneur or are you the only one? What do you think you attribute your ability to make all this happen to?

I bet a lot of other forum readers are wondering how you are doing all this!

Apple Lawns
03-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 23 2008,11:42)]Rob,

Is anyone in your family an entrepreneur or are you the only one? What do you think you attribute your ability to make all this happen to?

I bet a lot of other forum readers are wondering how you are doing all this!
Neither of my parents are, but my aunt and cousin are. My aunt runs a Stegeton Regency Banquet Center, and my cousin runs River city Real estate. I think my cousin is what inspires me because he has a nice house and he just got a Mercedes, and I know i cant have all that right now, but I'm working my way up there.

Steve
03-23-2008, 03:46 PM
That is great! What has been the best piece of advice he has given you up to this point?

Apple Lawns
03-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 23 2008,3:46)]That is great! What has been the best piece of advice he has given you up to this point?
Probably " dont ever let anyone tell you , you cant do something. "
And this sounds korny, but its true, because people look at me and say "yea right, like a 15 year old can run a business" and its hard to overcome that

justin_time
03-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Quote[/b] (Apple Lawns @ Mar. 24 2008,9:16)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 23 2008,3:46)]That is great! What has been the best piece of advice he has given you up to this point?
Probably " dont ever let anyone tell you , you cant do something. "
And this sounds korny, but its true, because people look at me and say "yea right, like a 15 year old can run a business" and its hard to overcome that
I was always told.. you can do anything you want.. as long as you put your mind to it