PDA

View Full Version : Illegal or not

YAM Lawn And landscape
03-21-2008, 12:36 AM
is it illegal to look people up on yellow pages and call them.

musician/lawnman
03-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Nope, I actually encorage potential customers to do so by advertising there! LOL
Just kidding I know that's not what you ment.

I don't belive cold calling businesses is illegal. Residential isn't with the exception of folks onthe national do not call list which you'd have to look into purchasing.

Steve
03-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi Yobany,

I was looking online for this but couldn't find anything about how the do not call list applies to commercial phone numbers.

Can you give us a little insight as to what you are going to be doing?

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-21-2008, 09:16 AM
We encourage companies to pick up the phone and call many numbers. If you are doing a massive telemarketing ring then it is trouble but if you are coldcalling just for a time being then do it. The more people you talk to the better set a goal of how many people you want to talk to on a phone in a day and a goal of how many people in person in a day. That is always been my look at it.

YAM Lawn And landscape
03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
well you see what i do is go online and look at yellow pages and pull their name and number then i go ahead and give them a call asking if they need any service. but i called this one guy and got real pissed,he told me to check my laws because what i was doing was illegal

Steve
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi Yam,

Are these residential or commercial numbers?

All Aspects Landscaping
03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I think the do not call registry applies to all residential phone numbers. No matter what you are selling. I know that you can get fined and even get jail time... However, I do not think its illegal to call commercial phones... ring away!!!