PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello and asking for help

YAM Lawn And landscape
03-19-2008, 11:32 PM
hey every one my name is yobany im 17 yrs old im trying to operate my own lawn service. I been taking a landscape and turf management class in a academy for 2 years now. Im trying to run locally nothing big. yet. i managed to get a 36" lesco walk behing mower, a leaf blower a trimmer, an aerator, tiller, and a 18" lawn mower. I got the stuff ready thanks to some help from my parents. Im having trouble getting some lawns. i tried calling people but most people say they have some one already, any recomendations on what i should do to promote my lawn service

UniversityLandscapers
03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
There's some great templates for flyers and door hanger on here, which is a great way to start.

Do you have a website? I get a lot of customers from our website along with Google AdWords, which positions us at the top of people's Google searches, when they search for certain keywords we select.

YAM Lawn And landscape
03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
No i don't got a website how much does it cost to have it up and running.

Steve
03-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Yobany,

Welcome to our forum!

Quote[/b] ]No i don't got a website how much does it cost to have it up and running.

I have a bunch of free web templates. You can download them and get your site up and running.

Have you used any of the free flyer templates yet? Why not download one and edit it for your use and then hand them out to neighbors in your area. You have to let everyone know you are in business. Especially everyone in your immediate area.

Have you tried craigslist.org yet? You can post an ad in there for free. Are you telling all of your friends to tell their parents and neighbors that you are running a lawn care business?

Quote[/b] ] I get a lot of customers from our website along with Google AdWords,

Hi Dave,

Do you mean you advertise on Google? What do you suggest other lawn care business owners do to make the most out of this? What kind of key words should they look into buying?