PDA

View Full Version : HELLO FROM FLORIDA

biggtw71
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
My name si Tony and wanted to stop by and say hello<<<<<<<<<<<<

i have been a member for a while but really haven't had much to talk about, well now i do. I started lawn service in 2002 and had a bad experience by allowing my brother to be a partner and things went sour quick, so i shut it down. i was able to let my license expire and take my brother off and then renewed it in 2006 to begin on my own,,,,,,things are great with residential and just getting into the commercail stage....
i have found many useful tips and resources here at gopher and my hat goes off to those who take the time and efforts to help those out in need.....it is hard to find.....

my new logo was designed by (ritchiem) here on the forum and i highly recomend him,,,,,it didnt take long for him to understand my needs for a change,,,,,thank-you RICH

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/490165/slingblade_logo2_750x294.gif

musician/lawnman
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
We'll welcome back to the forum, Nice logo . Looks good!
I too am in florida, What area are you in?

landonkade
03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ Mar. 10 2008,8:41)]We'll welcome back to the forum, Nice logo . Looks good!
I too am in florida, What area are you in?
i am in alabama, but at the tip of FL

panama city is about 1 hour away from us

musician/lawnman
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM
cool! I'm down in southwest florida, So you had all that hurrican clean up a couple years ago huh? We got clobbered in 04 by hurricane charlie everything was a mess.

Steve
03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi Tony,

Welcome to our forum and your logo looks great!

Could you give us some advice as to working with family members? What do you think went wrong with your partnership? What advice would you have to others attempting to do what you did and what could they do to try and make it work?

biggtw71
03-16-2008, 05:00 PM
HEY GUYS,,,,,

i am from lakeland, which is in between Tampa and Orlando...
I am proud to say since the new logo and the efforts i have made to get an early jump this year has paid off well....i really have no advise as to working with family other than make sure the family partner you choose has a passion for the business as you do....i will post the whole story in deep details of my experience and how i over come the walls put in front of my dream to own and operate my own bussiness......
I am ready now to incorperate and take on commercial accounts.

*i used craigslist for free marketing and have taken four good accts from my area,,i just posted a short ad in the barter and services section and forgot all about it..then i was going through my emails one day and BAM there they were.....it brought in over $500 for me in three of the clean-ups////give it a try in your area its free......i will post the link here and you can open it then choose your state and area..........thanks for the comments on the logo.....

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites.html

clarklandscaping
03-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Im interested in what your ad looked like that you posted on craigslist. I have never had one good referral from there.

biggtw71
03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bar/574581699.htmlMy Webpage (http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bar/574581699.html)

biggtw71
03-18-2008, 10:09 PM
THIS FORUM IS NOT USER FRIENDLY...........

IT'S LIKE HAVIN TO DO YOUR OWN DATA SCRIPT.....CHANGE THIS MANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

THE VIDEO ON EVERY PAGE IS ANNOYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
03-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Here is the ad.

Quote[/b] ]
Tired of mowing and cleaning up the yard? .25 ACRE - $25

SLINGBLADE LAWN SERVICE WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO JOB TO BIG OR TOO SMALL.........
CALL
863-808-2052
BIGGTW71@YAHOO.COM
BARTERS WELCOME

Have any interesting call come in from your 'barters welcome' line?

biggtw71
03-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 19 2008,3:02)]Here is the ad.

Quote[/b] ]
Tired of mowing and cleaning up the yard? .25 ACRE - $25

SLINGBLADE LAWN SERVICE WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO JOB TO BIG OR TOO SMALL.........
CALL
863-808-2052
BIGGTW71@YAHOO.COM
BARTERS WELCOME

Have any interesting call come in from your 'barters welcome' line?
YES,,,,,I BARTERED FOR GATOR NATIONAL TICKETS AS WELL AS A 6X12 LAWN TRAILER W/O A GATE..........

OTHER THAN THAT I HAD THREE MORE LAST NIGHT......INCUDEING RENTING OUT MY EXTRA TRAILER FOR 100 BUCKS FOR 1/2 DAY.......