PDA

View Full Version : New Member

lbrust
03-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Hello Group.
Let me start by introducing myself. I recently retired from being a Police Officer for 20 years. I put together a lawn care business in NY where I use organics and I only treat lawns and shrubs. I do no cutting or maintainence. I have been marketing over the winter with flyers, mailers and organic trade shows. I do have s few potential customers already and I will hopefully continue to get more as the season approaches. I have had great training in organics and I am excited about getting started. The one problem I am having is, "How do I price a contract?" I currently have listed on my contracts the following services. Core aerating, top seeding, fertilizer, weed control, insect control, Hi-cal lime, soil test, milky spore and compost tea applications. Any information on pricing or literature out there to puchase would be greatly appreciated. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

Steve
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi Louis,

It seems when newer business owners are getting their start, they tend to shoot for $60.00 an hour in their billing. They don't let the customer know that's their target but that seems to be the ball park.

However as they are in the business longer they tend to become more advanced in their pricing.

Check out this post and see if it helps.

How your lawn care business should estimate mowing jobs. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=35)

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Welcome Louis,

Welcome to one of the best or the best forums in the industry if there is any questions ask at anytime if we dont know the answer we will all try to get the answer for you .

Welcome Aboard.

layla17
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Great to meet you Louis. I'm Layla and I'm new here too. What part of NY are you from? I'm from the Binghamton area.

UniversityLandscapers
03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I personally bill $35/per man/per hour (in CDN$...which I guess doesn't really matter these days). However the entire objective of our company, being university students is to lowball the competition.

I found all this info in "How to Start and Run a Landscaping Business", a book I found in the back of my truck from the previous manager...never realized there was such a connected lawncare community out there, it's great!