PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Introduction

nuvis93
03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Greetings,
I am new to the Lawncare Business and just wanted to say hello. I'm currently purchasing equipment to be ready for a hot Texas summer. My hobbies is computers and Ebay. Here is my Ebay site: My Webpage (http://www.lawncareauction.com)

ritchiem
03-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome nuvis...you will find a ton of information on here to help you start up. If you have any questions please ask them.

Steve
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
That is a really creative site! I like that. Does Ebay have a way to pay you if these products get sold? That would be great if they did. I love the domain name too.

Very nice!

Richard don't you think that is a cool site and concept?

nuvis93
03-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the kind words. It took a couple of weeks to build the site, but it does well. Ebay pays well for helping them advertise. I wanted to share the site with you guys since I joined early this year. Please rss/bookmark the site.

Steve
03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
You should put the link in your signature so everyone can see it.

I just think the idea is brilliant!

What was the inspiration to the idea?

nuvis93
03-03-2008, 08:08 PM
My inspiration to build the site came from you guys. After reading all the inspirational testimonies on how people got started, I decided to build the website to make some money so that I could purchase my lawncare equipment. The site was published in February.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Welcome to one of the best if not the best forum for the industry. If there is anything just ask and someone will get you an answer. Welcome aboard hope to hear from you in the future.

Steve
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Harold,

Did you run a lawn care business before or any kind of business before? Or is this your first business?

layla17
03-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Great to meet you nuvis your ebay site is great. My name is Layla and I'm new here too.

nuvis93
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the accolades on my website (www.lawnCareAuction.com). This will be my first real business venture (lawncare). I built the website to raise funds for my lawncare equipment. Lawncare is a booming business in Texas with plenty of grass. I decided last year that I would open my own business when five lawncare businesses told me that they were unable to cut my grass due to overload. I am trying to get the word out about the site to generate some income. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Again, Thanks.

Steve
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Harold,

Did you previously work in some kind of web site job? It seems what you put together was no easy thing!

nuvis93
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I took a few college classes on HTML and script. I spent a lot of hours getting the site up and running. I can only imagine what web designers would have charged for the site.

xcelprinting.com
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Quote[/b] (nuvis93 @ Mar. 03 2008,6:44)]Greetings,
I am new to the Lawncare Business and just wanted to say hello. I'm currently purchasing equipment to be ready for a hot Texas summer. My hobbies is computers and Ebay. Here is my Ebay site: My Webpage (http://www.lawncareauction.com)
Nuvis,
How is the traffic on your site coming along?

By the way, if you are starting a new Lawn Care business, let me know if I can be of any help with regard to printing, I posted up an offer (click here) (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=26;t=7444) strictly for the members of this forum, there are only 5 of these specials available so don't miss out!

I also do carbonless forms/contracts at very cempetitive pricing.

I look forward to helping you save money on printing, if I can be of any asisstance don't hesitate to ask.