PDA

View Full Version : New guy!

JaredfromIndiana
02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
[B][I]HI everybody. *My name is Jared and I flip houses. *I'm also the owner of www.daybydayflips.com, where we film our flips to not only embarass ourselves, but to show new investors what it REALLY takes to flip a house. *I also co own www.FLIPITBIG.com, soon to be your one stop site for all of your real estate investing needs. *

I met the owner of this site through myspace.com and he told me about this site. *Looks awesome!! *It also has a direct connection to what I do. *Without lawn care and landscapers I would be up sh** creek! *Curb appeal is key in my business, and it looks like I found the place to learn more about your profession! *See ya around the boards!

justin_time
02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum

Just beware of the crazy banana http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
02-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi Jared,

Welcome to our forum! What got you interested in flipping houses? Were you a contractor before you started this? Do you do most of your own construction now or do you sub it out?

Oh I just saw your video on youtube. Great work!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNBClZALQeA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNBClZALQeA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

JaredfromIndiana
02-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the plug Steve! I appreciate it! I got interested in flipping houses through my step dad. He owned apartment complexes, a new construction company, and a large painting company. He also owned a lot of single family rentals.

I started out working maintenance for him at his complexes and single families, then worked my way to being more of his "right hand man". One day we just decided we wanted to flip houses so he freed up some cash and I started!

I started by buying two crappy houses in crappy neighborhoods and making them a little less crappy than what they were and sold them for a crappy profit! But I learned!

I've done 9 flips now in the past 2-3 years. I've done very well on most of those, but the last two I did in 2007 were lemons. Bad deals. Still won't lost money but need to be more careful!!

I guess I'm drawn to real estate because I see it as a way for me to acquire the freedoms I want, and at the same time help people to get what they want.

Thanks for the kind words and I'll put in a plug for this site over at Flip it Big!

Steve
02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Jared,

That is very fascinating! That's a very similar way to how Donald Trump got his start. Are you a fan of his?

I really like the concept of your videos, do you see yourself doing more videos and possibly getting them on tv one day?

Do you have skype.com? If not, could you get it, it's free, and add me to your contacts, add 'GopherHaul'. Then we could do a podcast interview and bring you some more viewers.

F3Nelson
02-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey Jarred, thanks for metntion THIS site on the other site. I am going to start up a small lawn business again, also interested in flipping, would like to dovetail the two together, anyway, thanks for pointing me over here!!!

Steve
02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi F3Nelson,

Welcome to our forum!

What is your view on flipping houses now with the current state of the real estate market?

JaredfromIndiana
02-14-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure about getting them on tv Steve, but that would be cool! I'm not much into Donald Trump besides The Apprentice. My wife just read his book Think Big and Kick ###!

We actually just started filming our next project that we should be closing on within a month.

JaredfromIndiana
02-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Quote[/b] (F3Nelson @ Feb. 08 2008,7:08)]Hey Jarred, thanks for metntion THIS site on the other site. * I am going to start up a small lawn business again, also interested in flipping, would like to dovetail the two together, anyway, thanks for pointing me over here!!!
Hey Nelson!!

Steve
02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
I am guessing that even with the real estate industry going down, there must be plenty of buying opportunities for you!

I think this is great and I am looking forwards to seeing some of your new videos.