PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Phone Numbers

jrwalker333
01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
How effective are the vanity phone numbers? Do any of you currently use either of the ones above and if so what are the approximate cost for your zip code?? Was recently at a marketing seminar presented by the guy that owns the rights to several of these numbers and he said he paid in excess of $100,000.00 dollars just for the rights to 1-800-lawncare and he sells through his company only rights to one market one company on a monthly basis the rights to that number. Was curious, but I did not ask for the cost at time of seminar will try to get info. and pass along later.

Example: if someone calls that 1-800 vanity number, if the call is from your zip code that you have purchased it will directly ring in your office.

Was interested in knowing if any of you use and what are the rates of response, per cost of aquiring a new client. According to the owner of the numbers it had one of the greatest responses of calls generated for his business from various marketing strategies at the lowest average cost per aquiring a new client??

Any personal experiences??

Monthly cost??

Pros' and or cons to this approach??

ABurlison
01-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, about a month ago I spoke to the guy who owns the business in my area that Owns this territory for the 1-800-LawnCare phone #, he said he owns like 12 zip codes. I asked what kind of Results he said he gets, and he said "For $300 per month for this #, he said the amount of hits he get off it, really doesn't justify the $300 a month, but he's got this phone # Painted on 4 Trucks, Not stickers, so this is really the only reason he keeps it." He also stated, he's probably not re-newing it when it expires this year. So it sounds like the ROI (Return on Investment) is low.

Steve
01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
The number is neat and all, but I just couldn't see using such a number. I would think it would be like promoting someone else's web address on your marketing material instead of your own.

When you pay to use this number, you are building their brand. So ultimately they will be able to charge more for the number usage in the future, or just create a franchise and use all the marketing done by all these lcos to turn business to their own lawn care operation.

Does anyone else see it that way or is it just me?

jrwalker333
01-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi Andy, and Steve, good information from both nice to know of someone that has other info. about numbers and response. I was some what interested in possibly obtaining a number like that but definately need more history. Steve's point is accurate that it is their mission with this number at least like you said, is buying into their brand. Their idea is that in the future that when anyone nationwide considers a lawn care,( they will call 1-800-lawncare or 1-800-landscape, 1-800-lawncut etc. primarily the 1-800-lawncare) and usuing a 1(888) number people will confuse that and still call the 1-800 vanity number so if you use the 1-888 number you will not get the overall branding with the 1-800. etc. Kind of like the Tru-green name well known nationwide or Scotts etc. Many years ago I used, as many do a local number that was 641-yard, the purpose obviously is for people to easily remember other then trying to drive past a number on a vehicle and remember 641-9273.

Steve
01-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I do wonder if having a memorable web domain now is even more important?

If someone can remember your website address or write it down, they can find everything they want about you.

Have you thought about getting a web domain like (your town)lawncare.com or (your county)lawncare.com

Would that be helpful too?

jrwalker333
01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi Steve,

I did some searching today when I had a chance to and I was suprised to see alot of available domain names that I could use, with (ex) citylawnservice.com etc, a few of those I may try to get the domains just to use to get to our web-site easier. I am still waiting for my friend to get both of my sites completed soon. Hopefully soon; I did however put in one site for a search like cincinnatilandscape.com and it went directly to another site that a landscape company had, quite interesting. *Great Ideas!!

P.S. Where or how do you spell check post?

Steve
01-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Rich,

We had played around with using such domain names in the past in a previous post and it help get the lawn care business owner higher search engine rankings too.

As far as spell checker. I am using the latest Firefox browser (which is free) and it has built in spell checker. It underlines a word in red if it is misspelled.

I am looking forwards to seeing your site.

excel lawn care
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
hello guys that was good info i just reiceive a pakage with the 1800lawncare company, i dint call then yet, at fist i love the # the marketing things, $300 to much im just staring, i will stick with my old and cheap home# thanks.

Steve
02-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Isn't this amazing! I really didn't think there would be this much interest in such a phone number.

It makes you wonder if you should be looking for a similar phone number to offer a similar service!

Leo,

What would you pay for this service? At what price would this have been a go?

ritchiem
02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
http://ringcentral.com/ check these guys out. In no way am I recommending them...because I have never used their service, but they seem reasonable.

Just got my issue of 'Pro' the other day and I was reading an article and the company being profiled number was

1-888-YoWeMow

Thought it was catchy.

Steve
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Quote[/b] ]1-888-YoWeMow

HAHAHAHA That is great!

You know, these numbers don't necessarily need to be lawn related. Even a catchy phrase could do it. Almost anything!