PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

SteinkerLandscape
02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey All! I have looked through this site a few times and finally decided to join. *I have been in the industry for 7 years mainly golf course side, but basically the same maintenance practices. *I am finishing up a degree in Landscape Hort and also Turfgrass Mgmt. *This past year I decided I needed more in life and knew it was Landscaping(golf course maint gets old) Being in school for landscaping I knew all the aspects and what to do so I took a chance and started a business on the side. *I have to say this first full year has been great, I have met with many new people and done many different jobs, which is great breaking the norm. *I ended up making a little extra money, and meeting many prospective clients. *This winter I have been making many efforts marketing wise to attract new clients and advance myself in this industry. *With all that being said I would be open to any help that I can take, so feel free to write me or contact me at anytime. I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks, Nick
www.steinkerlandscape.com

I would like to see if you could make me a banner also. Thanks

justin_time
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the forum... I also have golf maintenance experience (the one i made the website for) so I basically help him out

The Maples Golf & Sports Club (http://www.themaplesgolf.com)

Soon to be the largest golf course in the world

I ususally go there when i'm not too busy or when I have nothing to do on weekends. I love having a change in things once in a while

Steve
02-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi Nick,

Welcome to our forum!

Quote[/b] ]This winter I have been making many efforts marketing wise to attract new clients and advance myself in this industry.

What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business over the winter?

SteinkerLandscape
02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey Everyone, Some of the things that I have done this year has been first off got shirts, and jackets, wearing them in itself lets everyone know who you are. Another thing I have done is contacted all my previous seasonal clients, that I had mulched for, or any other random job, not my mowing clients. I contacted them and offered my services for the following year, most joined. I had some magnets made, everyone loves magnets. Other than that I have done more research than anything trying to make everything perfect, and get it out there. If you guys have any tips or anything feel free to share.
Thanks,
Nick

Steve
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Nick,

With your history in golf, do you think there is any market in your area to install putting greens atn residential properties?

excel lawn care
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
hey everyone im new to site, staring my company this spring, from the boston area, i love the site got lot info from everyone, hope all a great season, leo faria, boston,ma

Steve
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Hi Leo,

Welcome to our forum.

What go you to start your lawn care business?