PDA

View Full Version : List of Homes sold from a realtor

GeeGood
01-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Any of you tried to get hooked up with a realtor for this? My cousin is a realtor and has been sendig me homes that have sold since Jan 1 , 2008. I handwrite on the envelope and put a stamp on it. Inside I include a welcome to the neighborhood letter and our service packages. At the end of the short letter i tell them if they respond by Feb, 1 they receive their first service for free (with yearly agreement) I have sent out 20 letters so far and already received 2 sign ups. Pretty inexpensive also, 41 cent stamp, envelope and letter in color.

pmblair
01-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Nice work! Do you think it would be easy to get a list like this from a realtor that wasn't a "contact" of someone's already? I mean, do you think that you can get a list like that from a realtor that you don't know and doesn't know you? How would you go about asking for something like this?

Steve
01-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi GeeGood,

That is an awesome idea! Is there anyway you could you show us what the letter looks like?

Patrick,

Real estate transfers are public record and many newspapers publish this information on a regular basis. I am sure there are other ways to get such a list.

GeeGood
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I was thinking if I didnt have a contact that was a realtor, i would call around to different realtors and offer that realtor free lawn service in exchange for weekly/monthly list. Below is the welcome letter I send out and our packages:

LAWN ENFORCEMENT
1500 Oak Tree Rd
Allen, TX 75002
(972) 832-2274 Phone
thelawnenforcement@yahoo.com

January 6, 2008

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Dear New Homeowner,

Hello, please allow me to take a moment of your time. My name is Greg Good and I am the owner of The Lawn Enforcement Team. Our philosophy is to perform to the needs and satisfaction of our customers. We do a wide range of lawn care/landscape services and strive to do a professional job each and every time.

The reason for this letter is to let you know about the savings you can get from utilizing our service. We already service several homes in your area and we would like to add you to our growing list of clientele. Our service includes a professional mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing of sidewalks and driveways along with many other landscape needs.

For all new homeowners we are offering the first service of the year for FREE! Please give us a call or email us before Feb 1st, 2008 to get started!

Sincerely,

Greg Good
LAWN ENFORCEMENT

The Parolee Package

For the Customer who wants that professional look but doesn't want to do the time.
o Professional cut
o Edging
o Trim around entire property
o Air blow all cuttings from walks, drives etc.

The House Arrest Package

For the Customer who doesn't want to be chained to their yard.
o Professional cut
o Edging
o Hedge trimming
o Weeding
o Mulching
o Planting

The Escapee Package
For the Customer who wants to get away.

o Professional cut
o Edging
o Hedge trimming
o Weeding
o Mulching
o Planting
o Yard clean up
o Fertilizer

ABurlison
01-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Actually the best way to get this information is to go to your local title company and just tell them you do lawn care and would like a farm report for homes sold since January or something of that nature and they will even give you mailing labels. *I too have a realtor friend and I also got set up with a title companies software to research this info myself, its called, www.niteowlplus.net (http://www.niteowlplus.net)

Hope this helps out,

ANDY

GeeGood
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
thanks Andy, i will check it out!

Steve
01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Quote[/b] ]I was thinking if I didnt have a contact that was a realtor, i would call around to different realtors and offer that realtor free lawn service in exchange for weekly/monthly list. Below is the welcome letter I send out and our packages:

LAWN ENFORCEMENT
1500 Oak Tree Rd
Allen, TX 75002
(972) 832-2274 Phone
thelawnenforcement@yahoo.com

January 6, 2008

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Dear New Homeowner,

Hello, please allow me to take a moment of your time. My name is Greg Good and I am the owner of The Lawn Enforcement Team. Our philosophy is to perform to the needs and satisfaction of our customers. We do a wide range of lawn care/landscape services and strive to do a professional job each and every time.

The reason for this letter is to let you know about the savings you can get from utilizing our service. We already service several homes in your area and we would like to add you to our growing list of clientele. Our service includes a professional mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing of sidewalks and driveways along with many other landscape needs.

For all new homeowners we are offering the first service of the year for FREE! Please give us a call or email us before Feb 1st, 2008 to get started!

Sincerely,

Greg Good
LAWN ENFORCEMENT

The Parolee Package

For the Customer who wants that professional look but doesn't want to do the time.
o Professional cut
o Edging

The House Arrest Package

For the Customer who doesn't want to be chained to their yard.
o Professional cut
o Edging
o Hedge trimming
o Weeding
o Mulching
o Planting

The Escapee Package
For the Customer who wants to get away.

o Professional cut
o Edging
o Hedge trimming
o Weeding
o Mulching
o Planting
o Yard clean up
o Fertilizer

Greg,

I love that! It is such a fantastic theme you carry through your business name and your marketing! That is very creative!

Have you had many people respond because to your unique way of naming your packages?

Where did you come up with that idea!? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

GeeGood
01-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks! We have sent out twenty new homeowner letters and already received two signups. The second customer wants numerous things done. Plus the weekly "House Arrest Package". My wife and I came up with the different slogans for the packages one night sitting around the house. We thought if we had different packages for lawn care and name them something around our co. name it would really be catchy. So we just started naming things that had to do with the law. Over the course of about a week we would come home after work and share our different ones until we came up with these three. Parolee package is $28 House Arrest package is $45 and the Escapee package is $52. All are weekly or bi weekly service.

Steve
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Greg,

I think you are going to see things happen for you! You know what would be really funny too, if you sponsored a little league team and had them in tshirts that looked like police shirts with imprinted badges on the front and badges on the shoulder! You could call the team - Team Lawn Enforcement. Have a picture of them standing on a lawn in front of your mowers and maybe even use that image in your marketing material as well!

Do you have any pictures of you in front of your equipment? I'd love to talk about you and your business and your creativity on a future GopherHaul!

Steve
01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh and I saw your logo online! This is just awesome! Did you create this logo too?

What a great concept you have here!

GeeGood
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
What an awesome idea to sponsor the little league team "Team Lawn Enforcement" with badges on the shirts! I definitely want to do that when baseball time arrives. Not sure what it costs to do something like that but it would be well worth it. Great thinking of the team taking a picture in front of my equipment and using that as a flyer or door hanger. (Genius)!!!!!!!!!

I will have pics tomorrow with my equipment truck and trailer. I find out this week if I am getting laid off from my full time job, and I am kind of hoping it happens so it will make my decision to do this full time. Thanks for the creative ideas and the support this site gives to us all!

GeeGood
01-27-2008, 07:46 PM
almost forgot about my logo. I can not take credit for this one. There is a guy selling material on how to start an lco and he had this as one of the logos he created. I believe it is www. lawncare-business.com. Name is Patrick Cash. He stated as long as know one in my area was using the logo that I could feel free to use it.

Steve
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Greg,

Also, what's your view on a website? We have a whole bunch of free webtemplates and web hosting is cheap! With all your internet marketing, why not get a website or at the very least get a myspace page?

I think this could really help set your business apart and make it look more legitimate to newer potential customers who might not know you yet.

You could have pics of the jobs you have done and all of this would be a great selling point.

GeeGood
01-28-2008, 12:12 AM
i totally agree with you on the website. Is there anyone you would recommend on here to build it for us? Thanks

pmblair
02-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Greg-

I do web design and am available now for designing. I feel like my rates are reasonable... why don't you shoot me an email at pmblair@blairprod.com and let's discuss your options. =)

GeeGood
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey Patrick. Thanks for offering your help and your email. I will send you an email now and we talk more in details.