PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

TNLC 04
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
I recently signed up for the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been in the business for 7 years as mainly a lawn maintenance provider. This started in high school and has steadily grown from there. I am currently finishing my last quarter of college and will graduate in March. I'm looking forward to expanding my business this coming year and am looking for as much advise as I can get.

Also, I might be interested in having a logo designed to be used to brand my company. I have done this myself in the past, but I'm looking for something a little more professional now that I'm going to be in this to make a living. I look forward to working with the designers and companies on the forum in the months ahead and wish everyone a profitable season which will be upon us before we know it.

Steve
01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi TNLC 04,

Welcome to our forum! What kind of goals do you have for your business now that you will be graduating? Where do you want to take it? Share with us some of your vision!

TNLC 04
02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Well, I currently do about 30 lawns per week and also offer landscape maintenance and cleanups, etc. By ramping up my marketing effots this year, I would like to add at least 10 to 20 new clients. However, I know that building a brand takes time, so I'm not looking to set the world on fire. I would like to stay solo or just use a helper when need be becuase I know that as employees are added, workmanship tends to decrease. I plan to focus more on being a full service provider than the mow blow and go type which is usually found in my local market. Additionally, I would like to target neighborhoods I'm already servicing as well as expand into the upper income segment of the market, which would be rather receptive to a full service provider.

As far as long term planning, I'm open for a number of different avenues. That is one of the nice things about this business - you can take it just about as far as you want to with quality work and competitve rates. Thanks for your interest.

Steve
02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
What did you study in college? Did you major in business?

How do you feel college has helped your business?