PDA

View Full Version : WeekendLawnMowing

weekendmowing
01-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Hello, my name is Marshall Hepner I am from Taylors Falls, MN I am trying to start my own lawn care buisness called WeekendLawnMowing I started passing out buisness cards last summer closer to fall so I got started real late I got no calls, I want to get started really early this year. I just joined this site to see if I could find some tips and I really like all the templates. also I was looking for some kind of flyers I could hang/pass out before spring comes just looking for some ideas.
Thanks,

avigliano
01-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Hey Marshall,

Welcome! *I think you will be able to find a ton of support here from people. *I've been really happy with all of the resources. *I started my business last year here in New Paltz, NY and the best advertising for me was www.craigslist.org. *I got more calls and emails than I could deal with. *Is craig's list used in your area? *I bet towards the twin cities it is. *Are you willing to drive to the suburbs for work? * Is there enough business in your area? *I'm not familiar with Taylors Falls. *The only problem that I had with craig's list is that I was driving far distances for work sometimes. *I picked up great work, I just need to consolidate this year. *Hope this helps! *Let me know if you need any help with craig's list.

Jared

Steve
01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi Marshall,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your lawn care business?

weekendmowing
01-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Quote[/b] (avigliano @ Jan. 30 2008,7:17)]Hey Marshall,

Welcome! *I think you will be able to find a ton of support here from people. *I've been really happy with all of the resources. *I started my business last year here in New Paltz, NY and the best advertising for me was www.craigslist.org. *I got more calls and emails than I could deal with. *Is craig's list used in your area? *I bet towards the twin cities it is. *Are you willing to drive to the suburbs for work? * Is there enough business in your area? *I'm not familiar with Taylors Falls. *The only problem that I had with craig's list is that I was driving far distances for work sometimes. *I picked up great work, I just need to consolidate this year. *Hope this helps! *Let me know if you need any help with craig's list.

Jared
hello Jared yes we do use craigslist around here i have acutually used it but not for my lawnmowing great idea! I am pretty nervous about how much to charge people any tips?

weekendmowing
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 30 2008,9:42)]Hi Marshall,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your lawn care business?
Hello, I used to do it when I was younger with a buddy of mine got a few jobs here and there then we stopped doing it, i just figured i love to mow grass and i want to have my own buisness so why not try it.

avigliano
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Marshall

My guess is average prices change around the country. *I'm sure their are many discussions on mowing prices in the help me bid this job section of the forum. *I would check over there. *

This is ruffly how I estimate mowing in my area though. *Minimum price is $35 that goes up to a third of an acre. *For a whole acre I charge $60. *These prices assume there isn't much trimming or many obstacles. * If there is a lot of detailed work I add in $5 or $10. *To the best of my knowledge these prices are pretty standard in my area.

Jared