PDA

View Full Version : Hello

GeeGood
01-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi my name is Greg and just started on the side of my full time job in Nov 07. Company name is Lawn Enforcement "In Pursuit Of Your Lawn's Order". Already picked up 13 weekly customers from co-workers, welcome to the neighborhood letters for new home owners and craigslist. Cant wait for peak season. Ive never been this motivated about a job in my life.

Echo PE 200 Stick Edger
Echo Trimmer
Toro GTS 6.75HP 22" Mower
Echo Backpack blower
4x8 Trailer
2002 F150

Steve
01-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Greg,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

Did you ever run a business before?

GeeGood
01-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I got interested in this business because my wife and I just had a new baby. We were getting by but I wanted something more than just getting by. I enjoy doing this work as I work really hard on my own lawn and figured that I could start doing it on the side for money. This is my first adventure at my own business.

Steve
01-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Greg,

I think you are doing a great job by networking with others at your office. That is something which is really important. Have you gotten a lot of business cards made and handed out?

Are you using craigslist.com to promote your services? Remember it's free.

Have you thought of getting involved with your community some how to reach out to more potential customers? Joining different groups etc. If so, what kinds of things are you planning on doing?