PDA

View Full Version : New to the club just saying hi

01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
xczxczxc[B]I found this web site the other day by accident and have found it to be VERY useful. It's really inspired me and have garnished a ton of great advertising ideas from it.

Thanks!

I notice that a lot of you guys use contracts and am going in that direction myself but most of the predominate compitition don't. How do you overcome a potential clients objection or hesitantcy to sign one? Do you just turn their business away altogether? I hate turning away work. Looking foward to ya'lls answers.

realhuntin
01-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi Johnny,

All of my clients have contracts, not one has even questioned the fact that a contract is protection to both parties, It is all in how you present the contract. IF you get a client that refuses to sign a yearly service contract, then have them sign a Month-to-Month, this will help in protecting for previous months services if monthly payments are not made and legal action is needed. I can't say this enough PROTECT YOURSELF and your Business, every sound business in this Country has some type of Agreement/Contract, defining the scope of services to be provided, terms and conditions for payments, etc. It is a foolish business man that operates a service providers business without the services to be preformed in writing. Don't skate thin or by the seat of your pants trying to use an Estimate Form or Quote Sheet as a Contract, Make it clear and to the point THIS IS A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, most people understand and should have no problem with signing one.

A Contract will make your business stronger and contracts are how most larger LCO's set budgets for the following year, these contracts are also proof to financial institutions of annual income.

Steps in making your business ROCK SOLID starts with recurring revenue, and this comes from Contracts. So Contracts in my opinion is a VERY LARGE piece of the business building puzzle.

My fav saying is, "Mom even has to sign a Contract". Get the point? Trust no one on their word, it doesn't pay!

Good Luck
Tim

Steve
01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Johnnylucky,

Welcome to our forum. What inspired you to get your lawn care business started?

Hi Tim,

Quote[/b] ]IF you get a client that refuses to sign a yearly service contract, then have them sign a Month-to-Month,

Can you give us a little insight as to how a month to month contract works? That allows the customer to cancel at anytime? DO they have to do anything special to cancel?