PDA

View Full Version : new company!

Private Planet Landscaping
12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
whats up people??

12-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Private Planet Landscaping is a high end landscape company. We also specialize in year around Upscale Property Maintenance, both commercial and residential.

Private Planet Landscaping is a new, modern and fresh approach to landscaping & landscape maintenance with superior unique ideas & designs. Superior quality, Customer Service & a premium image. Private Planet is the alternative to your average mow & blow lawn guy.

We use the latest & highest quality equipment for all services. We use all Honda commercial equipment and also Stihl & Echo. These top quality manufacturers adhere to the strict Government Emission Regulations & Sound Regulations to minimize carbon pollution & noise pollution.

The Puget Sound is home to many abundant natural materials: stone, wood, plants and water as well as many talented artists.

Private Planet Landscaping likes to incorporate "Natural" Northwest elements into the garden.

Private Planet Landscpaing offers these high end services year around~

~MAINTENANCE~
~Custom Monthly Maintenance Packages
~High Quality Hedge & Shrub Pruning
~Organic Hand Pruning
~Specialty Hand Shaping
~Organic Hand Weeding
~Turf Fertalization Programs
~Airaiting & Thatching
~Turf Renovation, seed & sod
~Fall/Spring Clean Ups & Renovations

~CONSTRUCTION~
~Stone Retaining Walls, Curbs, Pavers
~Turf Installation, seed & sod
~Lot Clearing
~Gravel, Sand, Soil Services
~Seasonal Color Schemes
~Complete Landscape Design & Installation

~SPECIAL SERVICES~
~Certified Tree Work
~Irrigation

We are a fully insured WA State Business. Our mission is to provide high end service with superior quality and a premium image.

Private Planet Landscaping 2105 Bridgeport Way W University Place, WA 98466 Owner~Chris Cardenas (253) 232-8195

ritchiem
12-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey PPL I can help you out with a logo and such. What did you have in mind? Sounds like you really want the logo to crisp and professional to meet your target client. Do you have a color scheme you follow (uniform, truck and trailer, etc)?

12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah the only page i have is on myspace!! yeah i have ideas i have drawn by hand i can scan and e mail.

ritchiem
12-11-2007, 09:51 PM
for sure...

office@thelawnblog.com

send me some of your ideas

Steve
12-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum!

I liked your introduction it was very well thought out! Can you tell us all a little about what got you to start your business?

Why did you decide to go for the high end niche?

Thanks!

12-12-2007, 01:27 AM
well my old man had a bizz for about 15 years i just grew up around it its all i know! i am young but i have seen the industry change so much its just not professional like it was when i was a kid my dad told a person he would be there and we would always show up and give them a major bang for there buck high quility work. i dont see this at all anymore. thats what my mission is , to surpass my compitition with the best work and image available.

Steve
12-12-2007, 03:50 AM
With all those years your father had in running a business, what advice did he give you that helped you the most?

12-12-2007, 09:45 AM
he said work hard never say you will be there and not show, and take pride!!! starting a business means you always need to hustle and sell yourself.

Steve
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Very insightful!

Which marketing concepts would you most recommend and which have you found that worked the least?

12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
marketing? here is the best way ever dont be shy hit the streets get out there go to stores at the gas station where ever you have to be on your game 24/7 to make it happen. i eat and sleep private planet the second i wake up im trying to give away cards. the garden section at home depot
if you see any elders buying fert or any outdoors product get to them fast give them a card!!! there is no secret i have found just go old fashion hustle and networking...save your money dont fall for the fancy marketing ideas unless they get results... im still new so im on the hustle every day to get more customers... i have sent e mail over and over to property mansgement companies for next spring...just get out there and talk!!!! sell your service with your ownself....

Steve
12-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Are you a member of any community organizations? Do you utilize social marketing like that to help get the word out as well?

12-13-2007, 12:17 AM
no not yet but this summer i will join the local parks to help... i did donate 500.00 dollars worth of labor to a soldiers wife who wanted to get the yard cleaned up before he got home... her nieghber put 300.00 in on it to... he gets home in january im trying to get the local news to do a story... its already creating a buzz. ppl. totally supports american soldiers.

Steve
12-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh Chris that is fantastic! Did you get any pictures of that? Did you contact the newspaper yourself? Can you explain what you did? I'd love to see what you did.