PDA

View Full Version : Lawn & Garden Webvision

lawnandgardenwv
11-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Check out the latest in the green and tree care industry info. Also, see the latest Gopher Haul Clips (Coming Soon)

Just posted the latest videos from the GIE+EXPO and TCI Expo along with products, how-to videos, user-upload video section, forum, and other cool stuff!

Visit Lawn & Garden Webvision (http://www.lawnandgardenwv.com)

FourSeasons
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Where's the link to gophergraphics?

Steve
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Brain,

Thanks for joining up with the forum. Would you like to share with everyone how you got started with this website of yours? What was the inspiration?

Do you have any advice for new lawn care business owners?

lawnandgardenwv
11-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Rob**we are working with Steve to get that going asap. We are excited about promoting the Gopher Products. TeamGopher has psoted a link and received my endorsement on our forum!

lawnandgardenwv
11-18-2007, 11:40 PM
My background is a landscape and lawn maintenance business owner for 8 years, worked in one of the largest OPE dealerships in the U.S., and I have been in the green industry for 20 total years. *Most recently with Husqvarna Forest and Garden as a technical training manager covering the entire U.S.

While at Husqvarna, I realized that there was a need to get credible information about equipment, operating it, maintaining it, and so forth. And from our research**people wanted quick-tips in 2-3 minute video clips** So we developed an on-demand web portal that houses great information to help the pros out there, along with landscaping tips, gardening, organic gardening, trade-show coverage, advanced online education, etc.

Please visit and enjoy!

Brian Gardner
President

FourSeasons
11-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Brian
You have put together a nice site. I like the layout of it. You got some good ideas going on there. Good Work.

lawnandgardenwv
11-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you for the compliments**please offer any suggestions of what you would like to see**training videos, repairs, cool products?

It's all about the people in the industry helping to make things better.

Brian

Steve
11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Brian,

Quote[/b] ]Thank you for the compliments**please offer any suggestions of what you would like to see**training videos, repairs, cool products?

Here is a thought. A year back or so, one of our members was putting together videos that taught the basics of the industry. How to do this or that. I remember one of the videos was on how to create a retaining wall.

A lot of people showed interest in learning such information. But our friend who was putting the video together went on to do other things and stopped making it.

Have you ever considered something like that?

Steve
11-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Check out the press release!

lawnandgardenwv
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
We are exploring the how-to definitely**In my training experience with landscape professionals and OPE dealers**people like the 2-3 minute how-to videos like you have mentioned. *I can see this truly benefitting the viewers and end-user and we are working with manufacturers to do a series of technical training tips, landscaping how-to's and maybe we could work with you to co-develop something from a business/operational standpoint**I think what you are doing coupled with what we are trying to accomplish is a slam dunk. *

That's why we are excited about the future with Gopher. * http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

Steve
12-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi Brian,

Quote[/b] ]I can see this truly benefitting the viewers and end-user and we are working with manufacturers to do a series of technical training tips, landscaping how-to's

There is no doubt more of this is needed. You know what also would be interesting. Shows on tree climbing. Knots. How to remove limbs and take down trees.

Then on top of that there are just a ton of project videos you could create.

Quote[/b] ]and maybe we could work with you to co-develop something from a business/operational standpoint**I think what you are doing coupled with what we are trying to accomplish is a slam dunk.

This is something, that to me, is amazingly complicated. It reminds me of like watching Bob Ross paint. If you ever watched his show he would paint these amazing paintings in a half hour show and sure he showed you how he did it step by step but to the average viewer, he was talking another language.

Talking about business can be such an elusive topic. I could say follow these 5 steps and each person watching it is going to have a different outcome. Some will succeed with the information others won't. I can only hope over time that the more the topics are discussed the more information may be able to connect with the viewer.

Have you been been hearing suggestions from viewers on which how to's you should work on next? Which topics most people want to hear about?

lawnandgardenwv
12-06-2007, 09:22 AM
We have been getting great suggestions from our viewers-we invite your viewers to post their comments on our forum on how to improve the site or send an email to info@lawnandgardenwv.com type "Suggestions" in the subject line.

We have recently partnered with Mark Chisholm and Treebuzz.com and we are going to start incorporating tree care videos and how-to's**knots, rigging, climbing, safe operation etc.

The biggest response we have had has been for the "tips from the Bench" How-to and technical training tips for lawn equipment**we plan to roll out 2 new episodes every month.

Another great repsonse has been Sari's Natural Garden**this is a show about natural gardening**attracting the consumers and as we develop more content we hope to target the professional landscaper.

The 1-2 minute quick tips are what people are looking for!

Brian