PDA

View Full Version : Newby

bruce
11-21-2007, 01:21 PM
new to group interested in everyones ideas, 2nd year in lawn mowing and gardening business found this on myspace liked the ideas and information found here. i have at this time a cub cadet 1554 with54 deck and abagging system troybuilt self-propelled mower and 2 stihl weed eaters i charge 25 an hour. as of april1 2008 iam charging 30 an hour and purchasing a zd331 kubota zero-turn with 72 deck and bagging system i have two mowing schedules one week and twoweek. all irragated lawns are on a one week schedule and non-irrigated lawns two weeks. we also install and repair gardens and flowerbeds. We maintain irrigation systems but dont install. We are located in Sw montana and have a 100 mile raduis in which we operate and have 30 customers with plans to increase to 50 next year. i am co-owner with my wife and i work about 50hrs per week with 10 hrs being maintance.

Steve
11-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to our forum!

I bet the area where you are is beautiful! Do you have any pictures you could share with us?

What got you interested in running your own lawn care business? Had you ever run a business before this one?

ritchiem
11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Welcome Bruce,

It is nice to see you moving forward and it sounds like you have a plan in place.

The Gopher forums are a plethora of information and if you can't find something just ask, there are a lot of helpful people on here.

Cheers,

Steve
11-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey Richard,

Good use of the word plethora.

As soon as I saw that, I thought of the movie The Three Amigos. Did you ever see that movie? Then I did a quick search on it and can you believe I found a video clip where El Guapo asks if he has a plethora of pinatas?

The internet is amazing!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6E682C7Jj4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6E682C7Jj4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ritchiem
11-21-2007, 04:59 PM
LOL http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Very nice...yes it is wonderful.

B7 Enterprise
11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Quote[/b] (bruce @ Nov. 21 2007,1:21)]new to group interested in everyones ideas, 2nd year in lawn mowing and gardening business found this on myspace liked the ideas and information found here. i have at this time a cub cadet 1554 with54 deck and abagging system troybuilt self-propelled mower and 2 stihl weed eaters i charge 25 an hour. as of april1 2008 iam charging 30 an hour and purchasing a zd331 kubota zero-turn with 72 deck and bagging system i have two mowing schedules one week and twoweek. all irragated lawns are on a one week schedule and non-irrigated lawns two weeks. we also install and repair gardens and flowerbeds. We maintain irrigation systems but dont install. We are located in Sw montana and have a 100 mile raduis in which we operate and have 30 customers with plans to increase to 50 next year. i am co-owner with my wife and i work about 50hrs per week with 10 hrs being maintance.
Thats alot of area to cover, is it very hard?

www.mylawncare.biz