PDA

View Full Version : New Member

tmillsap
11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I started originaly as Westend Lawn and landscape in late 1998 grew to a large size and then decided that I needed an education. sold the company and went to back to school,Graduated from MTSU and began teaching, hated it. In 2002 I again started a landscape company. It has been the best decision of my life. In the past 5 years We have grown to a good size and we are about to start our second crew. We service 120 residential and commercial properties in the Murfreesboro, TN and outlying areas. I am so excited to have an online forum to discuss lawn and landscape needs and trends with.

FourSeasons
11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
What has been the most successful method of getting new customers for you?

Steve
11-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi tmillsap,

Welcome to our forum! When you reflect back on your experiences, can you tell us why you decided to get into teaching after getting your education? What was it about teaching you didn't like?

pmblair
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi and welcome!

Do you think you might take a few classes here and there to better educate yourself about horticulture in general, or do you feel that you have enough experience and knowledge to grow your company even more?

tmillsap
11-12-2007, 06:17 PM
sorry havent posted lately,

tmillsap
11-12-2007, 06:18 PM
best way for me to get customers is face to face chats ie knocking on doors. talking with people at gas stations. today i meet a future customer and bid on his house with an acre lot. just talking your buisness up at every op with everyone you meet. I use the least used but most efective form of advertising acording to the great book gorrilla marketing. the business card. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/magicman.gif

tmillsap
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
education is key, the more you have the more you can give.

I did not like teaching because of all the testing and not enough real teaching of the students.

Steve
11-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank you for all the insights! Keep us posted on how everything is going!