PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lakeland, FL

lkdlawnsculptors
10-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Robert Constantino. *I moved to Florida in 2003. I enjoy working on motors, woodworking, making jewelry…basically anything that I can use my hands. *About three years ago I purchased Keith’s “Start a Lawn Care Business”. *It answered a lot of questions that I had and in 2006 I started a part time lawn business, Lakeland Lawn Sculptors. I am now working it full time. For equipment, I use a Gravely 44Z, a Lesco 48’’ and a Troy-Built 33’’. *I had my truck decaled with my company name and logo. *I advertise with door hangers and flyers and this year I plan on putting my name in the phone book. *One day I was searching the Internet and came across GopherHaul. *I stop in from time to time and browse through the questions and answers. *I think this web site is a great idea. *I enjoyed your guide, “Stop Lowballing”. *It seems there are a lot of people out there that are doing it. *

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif

Steve
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi Robert!

Welcome to our forum! Thank you for joining! With all the skills and talents you have, what got you interested in lawn care vs. opening a business in another field?

pnplawn
10-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi robert.

Its amazing your from my old stopin grounds. POLK COUNTY . Listen gald to see you here I have 2 things for you. One If you need website let me know. Number 2 pm me with your phone number cause I am still getting calls for lawn care in your area. I will refer them to you. Also have you orderd that Phone ad? To be honest I never got one call from mine. The best way people have been callig me they found my website on the internet. Phone books are thing of the past. Most people look things up on the internet.

Rodman
PNP

pmblair
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I know I do... phone books are for people without computers... like my dad... lol

lkdlawnsculptors
11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back with you, it was a long weekend.

I have been doing lawn care off and on since I was a kid. I just love to be outside and the smell of fresh cut grass. I like to pull up to a house when the yard looks like #### and when I leave it looks so nice and to know that I did it. I have had a lot of jobs over the years. I went to trade school for welding and electronics, I am a certified locksmith, I owned a luncheonette, and I was a purchasing manager for 10 years. And still I always go back to lawn care.

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]phone books are for people without computers... like my dad... lol

I should be so lucky. *My Dad calls me all the time with computer tech questions. * http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif
Actually, sometimes I think his tech calls are just excuses to keep in touch...very cool actually.

Robert, welcome to the boards. *

Keith

Steve
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Robert,

Great story you have there! Have you ever thought of marketing your locksmith skills as well? I would think there would be less competition in that field? Did you like locksmith work?