PDA

View Full Version : Driver slackingoff!

LOUROCK
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello gentlemen, I have a problem whith my current driver. He's been very iresponsible lately and I have no other person available to take his position. I cant drive until january cause my lisence is currently revoke. I dont whant to loose any customers over this matter, specialy new ones. Im only a couple of weeks away until my last mowing, Followed by Fall cleanups. what should i tell my customers i've been skipping over this issue? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I know a courtesy call is a good idea, But what should I say? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forum.

How has your driver been irresponsible? Is it a matter of being hard on the truck and equipment or is it a more serious matter of being a hazard to other drivers on the street?

Do you feel he needs to be fired or will a confrontation be helpful in making him become more responsible?

Are his duties just driving? If they are, you might be able to find someone just to drive you from job to job. If someone you know can't do it, maybe you can advertise for a new person just to get you through this season. The folks on this board really like using CraigsList.org. You could advertiser there for a part-time driver.

If you do feel you are going to miss a scheduled service for your customers, be sure to contact them to let them know why. A little bit of courtesy right now will help preserve your customers all winter.

Good luck:

Keith

landonkade
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Oct. 25 2007,9:50)]Welcome to the forum.

How has your driver been irresponsible? *Is it a matter of being hard on the truck and equipment or is it a more serious matter of being a hazard to other drivers on the street?

Do you feel he needs to be fired or will a confrontation be helpful in making him become more responsible?

Are his duties just driving? *If they are, you might be able to find someone just to drive you from job to job. *If someone you know can't do it, maybe you can advertise for a new person just to get you through this season. *The folks on this board really like using CraigsList.org. *You could advertiser there for a part-time driver.

If you do feel you are going to miss a scheduled service for your customers, be sure to contact them to let them know why. *A little bit of courtesy right now will help preserve your customers all winter.

Good luck:

Keith
sent u a pm, dont knwo if u got it

LOUROCK
10-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Oct. 25 2007,9:50)]Welcome to the forum.

How has your driver been irresponsible? *Is it a matter of being hard on the truck and equipment or is it a more serious matter of being a hazard to other drivers on the street?

Are his duties just driving? *If they are, you might be able to find someone just to drive you from job to job. *If someone you know can't do it, maybe you can advertise for a new person just to get you through this season. *The folks on this board really like using CraigsList.org. *You could advertiser there for a part-time driver.

If you do feel you are going to miss a scheduled service for your customers, be sure to contact them to let them know why. *A little bit of courtesy right now will help preserve your customers all winter.

Good luck:

Keith
Well he is a young kid(19)and he takes to many days off over minor reasons. He does'nt show any effort to help me grow my business. Sometimes he shows up to work with no sleep and drives my truck like hes drunk! He is an awsome weedeater operator though, I give him that! I guess Ill just have a serious talk with him about it. I just dont have anyone available that can take his place for now. THANKS Keith!GUYS! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

Steve
10-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Quote[/b] ]He does'nt show any effort to help me grow my business.

This has got to be a very difficult problem. In general, it is tough to motivate anyone to do anything.

Is he an hourly employee? Do you offer any sort of revenue sharing if he hits certain goals? Or if he upsells any services?

LOUROCK
10-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 26 2007,6:59)]Quote[/b] ]He does'nt show any effort to help me grow my business.

This has got to be a very difficult problem. In general, it is tough to motivate anyone to do anything.

Is he an hourly employee? Do you offer any sort of revenue sharing if he hits certain goals? Or if he upsells any services?
Well today I offered him an increase on his hourly rate and I noticed more motivation in him. Hopefuly, next week he improves, if not I mite have someone else in mind. Thanks!

Steve
10-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Keep us posted on how this turns out.

What got you to start your own lawn care business? What kinds of marketing have you found worked best for you?

LOUROCK
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 26 2007,9:58)]Keep us posted on how this turns out.

What got you to start your own lawn care business? What kinds of marketing have you found worked best for you?
I have not yet marketed hard, But an add on the paper for 28 days last spring, many referals ,and craig's list worked so far pretty good. Mostly referals. Next season i'll be 100% self employed, so I'm gonna market hard! Im very satisfied on the way my clientel picked up this season! cought me by surprise! then to top it off, my lisence got revoked for 7 months last june! so I got laid off as a truck driver and worked on my small lawn business. I guess things happen for a reason. I strongly feel I should have at least 50 accounts by the ending of next season or more (THERE IS ALOT OF $$$ TO REAP IN LAWNS IN NEW JERSEY) http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif